Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AndrewD2

Old July 30th, 2011, 05:51 AM
So I just did some major updates to my system and its too early to just reassign my license. I click the link to access the form and it tells me I need a proper browser installed ... either Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. Anyways I use Chrome and do not have either IE or a Netscape browser installed. Can I either get the URL or an update allowing it to access other browsers? That'd be great.

Thanks,
Andrew
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old July 30th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I think if you shot an email to LW with the information they can help you out, it might take a day or so seeing as its the weekend.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
either Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. Anyways I use Chrome and do not have either IE or a Netscape browser installed.
Go grab a copy of Firefox which is Netscape. Wow that should be updated as if anyone is using Netscape they are a little out of date. I can totally understand not using IE (exploder) as that is a dangerous browser to use or support.

Firefox is becoming a pretty big standard so its worth having and its 100% free also. Chrome has not been out long enough for anyone to really think to have to support.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
That error means that Hero Lab thinks your browser is not properly registered with the operating system. All Hero Lab does is say "Hey Windows, here's a URL, go launch the right program for this and show it to the user". If your browser has registered itself with the operating system properly, Windows will look up what program to use, launch it, and everything works smoothly. If Windows doesn't have anything registered, it reports an error back to Hero Lab and then the error is reported back to the user.

Please check your configuration settings within Chrome. It has apparently not yet fully registered itself with Windows to handle all the standard things it should. Once it has, the error will disappear.

Oh, and we'll be fixing the reference to Netscape shortly - that message is a bit old. <sheepish grin>
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote