Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ballto

Old October 18th, 2016, 12:37 PM
I plan on making a goblin character so I picked up the Goblins of Golorian book to help with it. In there they have that goblins rogues can take +1 to ride/stealth ranks. I keep trying to add it to my character but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing this wrong, or is it a bug with Herolab?

Last edited by Ballto; October 20th, 2016 at 09:45 AM.
Ballto is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 18th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballto View Post
I keep trying to add it to my character but it doesn't seem to work.
What does this mean?
1) You can not find the FC to add to your character? In that case make sure you reactivated your license. Then open your character and press CTRL-K and make sure you have check marked "Goblins of Golarion".

2) You can select the FC but it does not do what you think it should do? In that case General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources is a sticky thread at top of Forum where you request official support for issues. A bug is ANYTHING you think is not working correctly. Weather you know for a fact or are just wondering if it is wrong. Report it using the above links to get an official response from Lone Wolf.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ballto

Old October 20th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
What does this mean?
Sorry I wasn't more specific... I can add the favored class bonus which reads "+1 Ride/Stealth Rank" but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't add any ranks to the skills, give me extra skill points, not reduce my skill points when I click either of those, Selecting it as my FC bonus doesn't seem to do anything.

I even checked the "?" next to the skills to see if it gets added there and it doesn't. I tried checking after I put a rank in, nothing.
Ballto is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 20th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I tested this with a goblin Rogue 1 - he's got 8 skill points.

Then, I selected this favored class option for his 1st level of rogue, and now he's got 9 skill points to spend on the Skills tab. Also, when I look at the error messages for the character, there's one that says "Goblin Rogue/Ninja: You have been granted 1 skill points from your Goblin Rogue favored class levels which must be spent on Stealth or Ride." Then, when I put a rank into Ride, that error message goes away.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ballto

Old October 20th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Ahhhh that must be the problem. I thought it was +1 to both Ride and Stealth. But if it's Ride OR stealth then what's the point when you could just take +1 skill point like anyone else.
Ballto is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old October 20th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Maybe it is supposed to let you go above the limit of your level in skill ranks?

According to the Paizo Forums, it looks like this Favored Class bonus was sort of overlooked and it is widely accepted that the Favored Class bonus printed later in the ARG is meant to replace it. So yeah, the +1 rank in Ride or Stealth is lame, but instead they get a +1 damage on Sneak Attack during Surprise.

Last edited by Kiirnodel; October 20th, 2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Looked up on Paizo Forums
Kiirnodel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote