Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Varg Silvermane

Old July 24th, 2014, 05:03 AM
When selecting any of the "Custom Race" under Background -> Race, the formatting of all the fields under the background tab become misaligned, overlapped, and incorrectly sized. Choosing other races does not have this problem.

When adding natural attacks such as 2 claws and a bite, there is no way to select a natural attack under the "Weapons" tab for the purpose of determining primary and secondary attack.
e.g. Selecting 1st for claw primary, and having other claw and bite treated as secondary at -5 + str bonus.

When selecting a manufactured weapon, natural attacks are calculated at -5, however they are suppose to follow two weapon fighting rules in which all natural attacks are light off handed weapons at -5 and half strength bonus.
e.g. longsword, claw, and bite would be -4 1d10+str/-8 1d4+half str/-8 1d3+half str.
e.g.2 two longswords and a bite would be -6 1d10+str/-10 1d10+half str/-8 1d3+half str.

The sheet should also reflect that one or more claws that have a weapon in hand and thus removed from the attack list, or at least denote attack is unavailable currently.

Mutliattack and two weapon fighting feats need to properly be applied as well. Currently multiattack does nothing with just natural weapons selected. This is likely due to inability to select primary/secondary natural weapons.
Varg Silvermane is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 24th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Bug reports should get reported in the stickied thread with a link to the bug reporting software, otherwise the posts can get lost in the forums.

Here's a link to the software
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Varg Silvermane

Old July 24th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Ah, thank you. I will send it off now.
Varg Silvermane is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varg Silvermane View Post
When selecting any of the "Custom Race" under Background -> Race, the formatting of all the fields under the background tab become misaligned, overlapped, and incorrectly sized. Choosing other races does not have this problem.

When adding natural attacks such as 2 claws and a bite, there is no way to select a natural attack under the "Weapons" tab for the purpose of determining primary and secondary attack.
e.g. Selecting 1st for claw primary, and having other claw and bite treated as secondary at -5 + str bonus.
Yea not in Pathfinder. Your reading off 3.5 rules not Pathfinder rules. Primary/Secondary is based on type not their attack sequence.
See Natural Attacks.

Quote:
When selecting a manufactured weapon, natural attacks are calculated at -5, however they are suppose to follow two weapon fighting rules in which all natural attacks are light off handed weapons at -5 and half strength bonus.
Yea nope. That was a misprint in the first CORE book and was corrected in Bestiary 1. In this case they work just like 3.5 did and the -5 at 1/2 str is correct. The link above has that info also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Varg Silvermane

Old July 24th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Ok... I have second printing 2009. Long time 3.x player here so I get them crossed at times. The part about primary/secondary is an interesting change from 3.5. That kind of change makes multiple natural weapons (claws an bites) as well as the feat-multiattack practically useless, unless used with a manufactured weapon. Plus the additional attacks from BaB no longer working with natural weapons means you pretty much only ever get the one attack unless you have pre-designated secondaries? Pity you can't tag bite as primary and claws as secondaries. Ah well. The second part just weird too, I guess they just separated natural attacks from normal weapons almost completely.
Thanks though, at the very least the UI glitch needs fixing.
Varg Silvermane is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Ok... I have second printing 2009. Long time 3.x player here so I get them crossed at times. The part about primary/secondary is an interesting change from 3.5. That kind of change makes multiple natural weapons (claws an bites) as well as the feat-multiattack practically useless, unless used with a manufactured weapon.
Really this is seen as a boost to monsters. Now your Bite/Claw/Claw monster has the same attack for all three attacks. Where in 3.5 the monster would have had half its attacks at a -5 penalty and half damage.

To me this was a increase to damage output against my players and made it SO much easier to remember what the attack roll is. I toss 3d20 and add the same bonus to all three attacks. Death to the PC! Oh wait I mean poor PC... yea...

Multiattack still works for those monsters that have secondary attacks from wings and stuff. So still useful but not as useful for every monster like it was in 3.5.

Quote:
Plus the additional attacks from BaB no longer working with natural weapons means you pretty much only ever get the one attack unless you have pre-designated secondaries?
This is exactly the same as 3.5 actually. Natural attacks always got only a single attack. BAB had no affect on it. HERE is the 3.5 rules from the SRD. Very similar wording.

Quote:
Pity you can't tag bite as primary and claws as secondaries. Ah well.
I am not seeing why this is a bad thing. I think this is WAY easier to remember now then 3.5 where if you didn't have the exact stat block you didn't know if an attack was primary or secondary.

Quote:
The second part just weird too, I guess they just separated natural attacks from normal weapons almost completely.
This is a 3.5 thing also no change. The misprint in Pathfinder was were it said it worked like TWF. I think that was left over from the BETA playtest and should have been removed. But that was a long time ago and I just know when Bestiary 1 came out it had the normal rules back where when using a sword and claw the claw takes the -5H and 1/2 dmg.

Yea going to find a few small things like this all over. The new saves PrC's get in Pathfinder totally took me for a loop. It is hard to get some of that 3.5 stuff out of your head as you move over to Pathfinder. In the end I am SO much happier for it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 24th, 2014 at 02:49 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 24th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I believe the UI thing is fixed for the next release, in the meantime you can enable factions as a workaround.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Doki-Chan

Old June 10th, 2015, 05:10 AM
I have a problem where the Custom Race won't let any Faction Options come up on the Racials List (i.e. if I want White Grotto CL+1 and have picked this on the Feats Tab, they are not on the Race/Deity etc tab) . If I switch to straight Aasimar/Tiefling they are back...
Doki-Chan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 10th, 2015, 07:33 AM
There is a link for reporting bugs in the 2nd post of this thread.
AndrewD2 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote