Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JustinThomason

Old September 20th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I added a very simple Wondrous Item using the editor - it's a magic shovel, and I used the mundane "Spade or Shovel" as a model.

Basically the item has a name, ID, description, cost and weight - that's it. The weird thing in if I put the weight in as "8," the item shows up on my character's sheet as "4." I went back, changed it to "7" for kicks, tested the file, re-added it to my character's portfolio and it came up "3.5."

I finally "resolved" the issue by making the magic shovel 16 pounds in the editor so it's showing up on my character's sheet as 8 pounds, but I'd rather get the thing to show up with the weight I've assigned.

Any thoughts on what's going on with this?

Thanks!
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old September 20th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Just to add murk to the waters, I have another Wondrous Item (a belt weighing 1 lb) that is showing up correctly in the portfolio.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or help.
JustinThomason is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old September 20th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Wait - scratch that last post.

I was just messing around with some stuff, and the belt I created got resaved and reapplied to the Portfolio - it now weighs 0.5 pounds on the character sheet instead of 1 lb.

So the bug is more universal than I thought.
JustinThomason is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 22nd, 2014, 05:19 AM
What size is the character you are adding these items to? This looks like a situation where you are adding a "small" size item. Small Wondrous Items are automatically halved in weight by HL.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old September 24th, 2014, 09:41 PM
The character is a half-orc barbarian. I just checked to see if I could find any size adjustments for the items, and it doesn't seem like there is.

I have double checked these in the editor, and they are definitely the correct weight, but for some reason in the HL interface they're coming up at half the weight.

It's not a huge deal that will really impact play, but it is rather annoying. I just don't understand why this is happening.
JustinThomason is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 25th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
The character is a half-orc barbarian. I just checked to see if I could find any size adjustments for the items, and it doesn't seem like there is.

I have double checked these in the editor, and they are definitely the correct weight, but for some reason in the HL interface they're coming up at half the weight.

It's not a huge deal that will really impact play, but it is rather annoying. I just don't understand why this is happening.
I don't either. The only time I've seen this is when the character receiving the item is small, thus making the item small. As a sanity check, you might want to create a new character, but before adding a race or a class or anything like that, just add the item. If the weight comes out as expected, then there's something funky with your portfolio. If it's still half, then there's something else going on that I can't explain.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 25th, 2014, 10:05 AM
@JustinThomason why don't you post your character here and we can take a look. You can attach it to a post.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 25th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
@JustinThomason why don't you post your character here and we can take a look. You can attach it to a post.
We would also need the custom item you made, so if you do this, please include the .user file.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old September 25th, 2014, 06:29 PM
OK, so it looks like it was a size issue. At some point I apparently set the size drop down on the weapons and armor page to Small for some reason. When I set it back to Medium and re-added the items they reflect the correct weight.

All's well in the world - thanks for your help guys!
JustinThomason is offline   #9 Reply With Quote