Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wdmartin

Old January 8th, 2015, 11:39 AM
I installed a copy of Hero Lab using a secondary license on a computer at my workplace. (I like working on my campaign during long evening shifts when nobody's coming to the reference desk with questions.) Over the winter break, while I was on vacation, that particular computer got re-imaged, and my installation was lost.

Do I need to de-authorize that license key or anything before I reinstall? Or can I just install and feed it the license and have it work? It's still the same computer, just reimaged with a blank OS.
wdmartin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 8th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmartin View Post
Do I need to de-authorize that license key or anything before I reinstall? Or can I just install and feed it the license and have it work? It's still the same computer, just reimaged with a blank OS.
Yes as long as the initial activation of your license was over 120 days ago. If it was less than 120 days then you can email support and ask them to reset the license.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 8th, 2015, 12:20 PM
As ShadowChemosh says, just use the same license - worst case you'll have to submit a request for early reassignment, in which case do so and we'll have you back up and running as soon as possible. Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old January 14th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Well, yesterday I reinstalled the one at work, and it works fine. But I just tried opening the one on my home desktop, and it said there was a problem with the licensing server, and then defaulted to demo mode. Clearly I've screwed something up.

I wonder if I put the wrong license number in. I didn't have any record of exactly which license number went on the work computer, and just had to guess by looking at the dates of purchase on the two secondary licenses listed in my license admin page (which was super hard to find without a working copy of hero lab to consult, btw).

I should probably have waited till I could get home and double check against the two copies there (desktop and laptop) rather than just guessing. Impatience for the failure. :-/
wdmartin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 15th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Well, yesterday I reinstalled the one at work, and it works fine. But I just tried opening the one on my home desktop, and it said there was a problem with the licensing server, and then defaulted to demo mode. Clearly I've screwed something up.

I wonder if I put the wrong license number in. I didn't have any record of exactly which license number went on the work computer, and just had to guess by looking at the dates of purchase on the two secondary licenses listed in my license admin page (which was super hard to find without a working copy of hero lab to consult, btw).

I should probably have waited till I could get home and double check against the two copies there (desktop and laptop) rather than just guessing. Impatience for the failure. :-/
One handy tid bit, you can get the licenses emailed to you from the license managment page, then if you "edit the email" or copy it to notepad, add the PC you use each license on you can track it. This little feature has been a god send for me, I have all 6 possible licenses and remembering which is on what is a nightmare, however right now its on my NAS for future reference.

See I mucked up and had to get LWD support to assist me, all because I simply did nto do my due deligence and track where/what machine each license is installed.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Quote:

If you're still having problems, email us at support@wolflair.com and we'll get you sorted out. Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote