Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 7th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I am also thinking of creating a massive file that has all the files collected so far for each game system. then folks can just download that and take what they want from it. The only issue there is that it will change a lot so if people download iot a second time, it might get tough to pull out what they want. Just a thought I am mulling.
I was able to get the Secondary URL Update feature of HL working and basically this allows an alternate place to download updates then just HL. As I have many .user files for my players this makes their life way easier as all they have to do is download a single file(created by HL) that then explodes automatically all the .user files.

If interested in this I can go over how to get it working which now that I know what I am doing is pretty easy.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM
As 2ed M&M is now for the most part done I am going to start grinding out stuff for Pathfinder. 1st up the Faction Guide and fixing the SRD animals.
dartnet is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Finished
Sandstorm - Feats
Cityscape - Feats
Dungeonscape - Feats (basically, waiting on Trap Sense fix Mathias says should be in next update).
Lawful_g is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Alright, currently working on implementing the feats from Drow of the Underdark, Draconomicon, & Libris Mortis. Added the text but yet to program.

Also sidetracked a bit onto working out more dragons. Question for you guys, would it be better to A) Enter each age category of dragon as a separate race? or B) Add one race per color and have an Age Category selector that lets you move the age cat up and down, automatically adjusting HD, nat Armor, etc?
Lawful_g is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old June 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Alright, currently working on implementing the feats from Drow of the Underdark, Draconomicon, & Libris Mortis. Added the text but yet to program.

Also sidetracked a bit onto working out more dragons. Question for you guys, would it be better to A) Enter each age category of dragon as a separate race? or B) Add one race per color and have an Age Category selector that lets you move the age cat up and down, automatically adjusting HD, nat Armor, etc?
How were you planing on doing the second option with just adding the age category? I am not sure everything is in place to do that one yet.
Mindcloud is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 28th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I made a special called Age category that is modifieable on the Adjustment tab. It currently is set up to show the Breath weapon damage and spell like abilities based on the value of this special. I think I can link the rest to it with enough coding.
Lawful_g is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Grog

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I currently taking our group through the Red Hand of Doom mega-module. So, I'm typing in all of the Spawn of Tiamat critters from MM IV. I've also put in a few dragons of differing ages and colors. I think I may be a wild man and do all of the chromatic dragons.

I purchased the Bestiary package, and being able to look at how the monsters were set up in that dataset was EXTREMELY helpful. I've taken a few liberties with some skill points as they don't convert 1:1 but that is the power of the pen.

One other thing I'm doing is setting the dragons so I can select feats when they are added to a portfolio. The canned dragons are OK but I really like to treat dragons like PCs and configure them with gadget style feats. They will come with just the base feats and be able to add more depending on the age category. All of the age based abilities and stats are input. (lot of work but getting easier)

Figured I'd check in with what I'm working on.
Grog is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old July 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I'd like to help, but I'm still learning how to input stuff (having issues entering the Dwarf paragon). My question is, how do I integrate the files from the website into Hero Lab without having to test each individual entry?

Belay my last, I figured out how to integrate them. Once I feel more comfortable with the programming strings, I'll let you know what I can work on.

Last edited by Jhalad; July 8th, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Jhalad is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old July 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Cool, happy to have help.

By the by, I have finished making a single race for both Silver and Copper dragons (that changes the stats by adjusting the age category), and I will do the rest over the next weeks.
Lawful_g is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old July 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Damn, as soon as I say something I run across a problem... The natural spellcasting is doing some wierd things before it should be applied...
Lawful_g is offline   #20 Reply With Quote