Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

catdragon

Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:55 AM
Found two bugs. I don't think any others have found they are pretty niche...

Bug 1: Extra Rage Power
1) create a cleric with the Rage domain
2) he gets a rage power
3) select extra rage power on feats (which isn't select-able -- that's the bug)
4) even selecting the extra rage power there is no place that the extra rage power can be entered (that's also the bug)

Bug 2: Strength 2
1) create a elf with an 8 strength
2) make him 500 years old. (And thus venerable. This step isn't strictly necessary, but its how i did it.)
2) Use the Adjust tab to make him venerable. The elf's strength is now 2 (which isn't allowed for a new character -- this is the bug).

Minor bugs, but bugs.

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help or explain.

=========================================
Bobby
bobby(dot)catdragon(at)gmail(dot)com
catdragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2016, 12:12 PM
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources is a sticky thread at top of Forum where you request official support for issues. A bug is ANYTHING you think is not working correctly. Weather you know for a fact or are just wondering if it is wrong. Report it using the above links to get an official response from Lone Wolf.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old May 2nd, 2016, 02:14 PM
For #2 I believe the only ability score that cannot be < 3 is Int at creation. Everything else is a minimum of 1.
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:48 PM
For the first one it is a bit iffy and I don't know if they asked Paizo before about it.
The classes "class feature" is the domain not the rage power. Meaning you don't meet the prerequisite of having the class feature of the feat "extra rage power"

Don't know if it is intended or not by the developers that is why I am saying don't know if they had contact with Paizo for it.

In my own games I wouldn't allow for the cleric to take the feat myself either. As the domain states you only get 2 of the rage powers on specific levels. Already indicating it isn't the same as the actual class feature of "rage power" that the barbarian for example gets. However it would be nice if there would be a way to allow for the other method (house rule) to work.

As for the second one. The system has no way of knowing when you added the venerable status to your character. Cause he could have obtained it during travel by aging spells or other triggers. Together with that you aren't allowed to start with a stat lower then 7 before modifiers are applied. Such as the penalties applied from the aging process or racial modifiers

"Each character receives a number of points to spend on increasing his basic attributes. In this method, all attributes start at a base of 10. A character can increase an individual score by spending some of his points. Likewise, he can gain more points to spend on other scores by decreasing one or more of his ability scores. No score can be reduced below 7 or raised above 18 using this method. See Table: Ability Score Costs for the costs of each score. After all the points are spent, apply any racial modifiers the character might have." (source)

and the description with aging

"With age, a character's physical ability scores decrease and his mental ability scores increase (see Table: Aging Effects). The effects of each aging step are cumulative. However, none of a character's ability scores can be reduced below 1 in this way." (source)

Last edited by Togainu; May 3rd, 2016 at 12:34 AM.
Togainu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote