Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 28th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
How would you like me to start with the Spells and getting them aligned?
I would just go ahead and use the editor to add new spells starting with the first letter A spell. Give it a new unique ID starting with "sp" and ending in the spell level. In example Acid Arrow would have a unique id of "spAcidArr2". Now we easily know its a "spell" its Acid Arrow and its the level 2 version. Some spells like Read Magic will have a both a level 0 and level 1 version of the spell.

When I get close to the next release date I will let you know and you can send me what you have. Then I can merge it in and obsolete all the old spells.

Thanks so much for helping out with this.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 28th, 2015 at 10:36 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #121
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 29th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Wouldn't it be better to make it s<spell level><spell abbrev>, as the 'sp' prefix limits the amount of characters by one (and this is consistent with how it was previously done). And that way it is easier to look for all x level spells, although I guess tags handle that as well. Anyhow, I'm good either way, just seems more logical if the spell level is listed first. I don't think it matters if the spell ids are alphabetized, since there is a search feature anyhow. I'll leave it up to you.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; May 29th, 2015 at 09:34 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #122
ShadowChemosh

Old May 29th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to make it s<spell level><spell abbrev>, as the 'sp' prefix limits the amount of characters by one (and this is consistent with how it was previously done). And that way it is easier to look for all x level spells, although I guess tags handle that as well. Anyhow, I'm good either way, just seems more logical if the spell level is listed first. I don't think it matters if the spell ids are alphabetized, since there is a search feature anyhow. I'll leave it up to you.
In this case I was going with LW standards. They do the above for Spells in Pathfinder and they decided that was the best method or improved method from d20. So may as well follow along here sense we have the opportunity to upgrade.

This also provides consistency for those that move between d20 and Pathfinder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #123
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 30th, 2015, 07:48 AM
There is something that I'd like to add to the TO-DO list of yours. IT would be great if HL would allow for the damage to have either or both of 1) adding textual context to damage (the timing doesn't allow this to happen) and/or 2) add and effect to an attack, say via a drop down menu.

Here is the examples of each, so you get the idea:
  1. Contextual Damage
  • A fire elemental does slam damage plus 1 die of fire damage, i.e. 1d6 plus 1d4 fire.
  • An arrowhawk only deals energy damage, i.e. 1d8 electricity.
  1. Drop-Down Damage (or similar methodology)
  • A sword is activated and now applies shock damage in addition to its regular damage, but only does regular damage when not activated.
  • Poison is applied to a blade, i.e. 1d8 plus 1d8 Con.

Anyways, you get the general gist of what I'm getting at. Currently, when I have tried doing this, the damage table has the textual context, but once HL gets to the damage calculation from the table, it clears the table for the assigned tags on the creature, which eliminates all the textual context, and then during the same timing outputs it to HL. So it is not possible to squeeze into that timing to re-update the damage table with textual context because it has already been output to the screen. Hopefully that is clear as mud, and not more than just wishful thinking.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; May 30th, 2015 at 07:50 AM. Reason: The list tags don't seem to work as intended, :(
Kendall-DM is offline   #124
ShadowChemosh

Old May 30th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Quote:
There is something that I'd like to add to the TO-DO list of yours. IT would be great if HL would allow for the damage to have either or both of 1) adding textual context to damage (the timing doesn't allow this to happen) and/or 2) add and effect to an attack, say via a drop down menu.

Here is the examples of each, so you get the idea:
  1. Contextual Damage
  • A fire elemental does slam damage plus 1 die of fire damage, i.e. 1d6 plus 1d4 fire.
  • An arrowhawk only deals energy damage, i.e. 1d8 electricity.
  1. Drop-Down Damage (or similar methodology)
  • A sword is activated and now applies shock damage in addition to its regular damage, but only does regular damage when not activated.
  • Poison is applied to a blade, i.e. 1d8 plus 1d8 Con.

Anyways, you get the general gist of what I'm getting at. Currently, when I have tried doing this, the damage table has the textual context, but once HL gets to the damage calculation from the table, it clears the table for the assigned tags on the creature, which eliminates all the textual context, and then during the same timing outputs it to HL. So it is not possible to squeeze into that timing to re-update the damage table with textual context because it has already been output to the screen. Hopefully that is clear as mud, and not more than just wishful thinking.
Yep already on the to-do list actually. In Pathfinder these are run off a macro called "#extradamage[]". Sendric ask for months ago. Its filtering up higher on the list to be done. I don't think its "hard" per say but will require allot of small changes so its time consuming. So it still falls below fixing "CORE" issues still section.

But yep its coming!

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 4th, 2015 at 10:39 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #125
JustinThomason

Old June 4th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Just a quick after action report. Last night was the first time I got to play with the fixed in-play tab, and it worked great. I absolutely love the Power Attack adjustment - it made running my barbarian a breeze.

Thanks to all the folks who keep the d20 rules set alive and growing.
JustinThomason is offline   #126
Sendric

Old June 19th, 2015, 05:22 AM
In researching the problem with the custom abilities from Tome of Battle, it looks like Custom Abilities no longer appear in the Activated Abilities portion of the In-Play tab. This is likely due to not having the tag "Helper.ShowSpec" assigned to it, but I cannot verify this as I have been unsuccessful in assigning that tag to any Custom Abilities even through scripts. It appears there may be something internal that does not allow this tag to be assigned to Custom Abilities, which unfortunately means I can't create a work-around for this issue.
Sendric is offline   #127
Sendric

Old June 19th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Along the same lines as above, specials with the tag "Usage.AtWill" do not appear in the In-Play tab. Is this expected? If so, is there a way to put these in to the In-Play tab without giving it a number of charges?
Sendric is offline   #128
ShadowChemosh

Old June 19th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
In researching the problem with the custom abilities from Tome of Battle, it looks like Custom Abilities no longer appear in the Activated Abilities portion of the In-Play tab. This is likely due to not having the tag "Helper.ShowSpec" assigned to it, but I cannot verify this as I have been unsuccessful in assigning that tag to any Custom Abilities even through scripts. It appears there may be something internal that does not allow this tag to be assigned to Custom Abilities, which unfortunately means I can't create a work-around for this issue.
I will need to take a look. It "should" work but will look into this.

Quote:
Along the same lines as above, specials with the tag "Usage.AtWill" do not appear in the In-Play tab. Is this expected? If so, is there a way to put these in to the In-Play tab without giving it a number of charges?
Oh hmm. Yeah that is a good point is it not. Need to look into this as I think I will need to change the display in this special case. As if I have it display it will show 0/0 charges. Hmmm.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #129
ShadowChemosh

Old June 21st, 2015, 11:06 AM
Quote:
So it time to track this backwards as its coming from the community data set. In example look at Crusader class helper Thing (cHelpCru). It has a script that runs at Render/15000 that deletes the Helper.ShowSpec tag on custom abilities.

I think you want to change the code to delete the "Helper.ShowCharge" tag instead so that the custom ability does not display in the Tracked Resources section but does show in the Activated Ability section. Then when the Maneuver is "readied" it shows on the "Tracked Resources" section.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #130
Closed Thread