Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

djc664

Old August 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
Here's the list (as of 05 August, 2011):
[HTML]Rise of the Runelords:
PF1 - Goblin snake
PF2 - Carrionstorm
PF3 - Smoke Haunt
- Skull Ripper
- Argorth
- Mother of Oblivion
PF4 - Deathweb
- Scanderig
- Runeslave Cauldron (magic item)
In this list I have already done the Carrionstorm, Mother of Oblivion & Deathweb thus far. My files for the third book are already be on SC's link page.

I also have tried to convert the Templates (like Dread Ghoul, Dread Ghast & Lifespark Golem) involved in each book so that they are fully usable aside from whatever application in the PF book was. Green Ronin and Necromancer Games have both given me their blessing to distribute that as a user content; I would imagine that it extends to anyone here with proper attribution in the user file.

I'm half-way through PF4 right now; I'll take a look at my PF2 file, clean it up and post that, too.

Last edited by djc664; August 10th, 2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Clarity
djc664 is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I have done Deathweb and would of course be willing to share it.
Lord Magus is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old August 11th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks, guys! I just finished the deathweb, myself.

My file will only focus on the bestiary monsters, djc664, so I'm sure folks will find your work on the templates to be very useful.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old August 11th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I tried to upload my CotCT entries 8/9/2011 (I think), but it appears to be stuck in moderator limbo. I briefly saw a message flash about waiting for a moderator to view the message.

Is it normal for attachments to be blocked for some time before making them visible? Does anyone know what happens if it fails to pass so I know whether it is on safty delay or we don't like your post status?
ValaraukarU is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old August 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM
For these data files, you're better off sending them to ShadowChemosh or chiefweasel. One of them will post the files to his site. ShadowChemosh hangs files on d20pfsrd.com, and chiefweasel hangs his on www.cheeseweasel.net.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old August 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
For these data files, you're better off sending them to ShadowChemosh or chiefweasel. One of them will post the files to his site. ShadowChemosh hangs files on d20pfsrd.com, and chiefweasel hangs his on www.cheeseweasel.net.
Great. Is the best way to contact them via private message on this forum?
ValaraukarU is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Either way, both of us are online most of the time. My work has me doing crazy hours at the moment, so my time is a bit limited for website chances, but i can see what i can do if you send me the files.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old August 11th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks, chiefweasel.

My suggestion would be to consolidate all of the files into one location. Thhat might not be necessary, but it's just my thinking on it.

If you're very busy, now, perhaps Shadow would be the best choice for these. I'll let him weigh in on what he thinks is best.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:12 PM
As of right now I have a few things that might be useful to the community. Each file is my own conversion based on the content from the CotCT AP.
  • A portfolio for each chapter of the AP. The portfolio contains Named unique NPCs and Altered Monsters. In some cases I included named Monsters for ease of reference even if they were the same as their original entry in the bestiaries (In these cases they are a stock import with name edited). In each case I have included an image from the AP in their personal tab (I don't know if this is allowed to be done for sharing) so they can be found easily in the tactical console and for reference.
  • A portfolio for several of the important NPCs in Korvosa that are used across multiple chapters (Cressida, Amin, etc) or ones that were not specifically listed with stats in the modules. Again it includes images. Most of these are my own PF conversions.
  • A Stock with the APs converted PF for the many generic NPCs like guards, Sable Company, Red Mantis. It also includes several monsters that are my own conversions of Advanced Bestiary or Tome of Horrors * creatures (Fungal creature, demilich, corpse orgy, etc). It includes things that are stated as races elsewhere but don't have a stock like Duaghter's of Urgathoa. Again this stock file includes images. This is the one I am most concerned about since it contains items from 3rd party.
  • A stock file with many of the Varisian themed critters (brush tiger, ember scorpion, etc). Most of these are normal critters with a new name. Includes images, some of real world critters I snagged from google.
  • A stock file for the Crimson throne bestiary entries that includes all the critters from the bestiary that are not included in other sources (like bestiary 1 and 2 etc). This is one the file I made in response for this thread specifically. Originally I had included these combined with the above stock file, but I split them when the request was made specifically for these creatures.
  • A user file containing the converted Tome of Horrors and Advanced Bestiary and Book of Fiends creatures from the AP. It also includes custom stuff that is only listed here that I could find (Badge of Korvosa is one example). These are my PF converted versions but are close to their original AP printing. This is a bit sparse and doesn't include a lot of the fluff text.
  • A user file containing the AP bestiary entries that were not included in other places. Originally this content was merged into the user file above, but I split it when requests came in for those specific creaturs

All of the items in the user files come with source entries that allow them to be enabled or disabled there are 5 options; Advanced Bestiary Custom Conversions (by ValaraukarU), Book of Fiends Custom Converstions (by ValaraukarU), Curse of the Crimson Throne AP Conversions (by ValaraukarU), Tome of Horrors Custom Conversions by (ValaraukarU).

In most cases the conversions follow the d20pfsrd conventions but many of the creatures were still under review on there. Other creatures I had done earlier. I cannot promise they are 100% accurate only that they may make do.

Many of the AP NPCs and special creatures require the APG to use them. Others require Bestiary or Bestiary 2. Sorry, but I liked some of the new options, especially archetypes for the named NPCs. If you don't have those add-ons a lot of these will have errors and require alternates

I am willing to share all this as long as there is not a problem with including the small images in the portfolios and there isn't an issue with open content on any of the monsters. I CAN make versions that do not include the images but it is annoying to maintain two copies and I prefer not to.

Let me know who/how to contact and if you have ideas on bundling them into downloadable content packages. The 2 user files are required for most content.
ValaraukarU is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaraukarU View Post
I am willing to share all this as long as there is not a problem with including the small images in the portfolios and there isn't an issue with open content on any of the monsters. I CAN make versions that do not include the images but it is annoying to maintain two copies and I prefer not to.
For contact please feel free to send to myself shadowchemosh(at)yahoo(dott)com and I can post to d20pfsrd. The only issue will be the images. I am pretty sure that does not follow the CUP paizo uses. It would be the only issue with sharing anything. Though I guess if I just don't really announce it to loudly it won't be that huge of a deal...

Also its pretty easy to use the HeroLab Export tool to create a .hl file that will contain all of the .user and .por files and will correctly auto install them on peoples machines. Normally I don't do that but if this is big enough it would make sense actually.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #50 Reply With Quote