Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old June 7th, 2016, 09:41 AM
I've been trying to add a list of domains to a prestige class and have run into some strange problems.

First, I only want it to have access to the domains from a chosen deity. This would be all well and good except that no matter how I select things the Custom Ability box says "Nothing to Display" Any way I try and add to the custom expression.

Now if I do the normal method and populate the custom ability as a cleric it will fill fine. But, that shows all domains.

After that this prestige does not have enough levels of its own to gain access to all 9 levels of domain spells. I want to add the chosen base class to the PrC's level to for the purpose of calculating what spells they have access to. I think that should be easy once I get the correct domains to display, but I wanted to include that here.

As of right now, the domain spell secondary spell list wont even display at all, no matter how I set things up. I am assuming that has something to do with the difference between a PrC and a normal class.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 7th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
First, I only want it to have access to the domains from a chosen deity. This would be all well and good except that no matter how I select things the Custom Ability box says "Nothing to Display" Any way I try and add to the custom expression.
If you are modifying the Custom Expression for the selection of domains I recommend listing that logic here. Or maybe better to post the whole .user file.

I get what your trying to do accomplish but without "seeing" what you have done its hard to know what exactly is wrong. But a invalid custom expression will cause the "Nothing to Display" to happen.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 7th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Sorry for the limited information earlier. Here is the logic I have tried. I would rather not post the all of the code because the file would require other files to run properly I think.

Code:
(SpecSource.cHelpClr | SpecSource.cHelpFaS) & !Helper.Secondary & !Helper.Tertiary & !Helper.Quatinary & !Helper.Quintenary & !Helper.Obsolete
(as a test) this is what the default is if you select Cleric and Faithful Student as the class from the Allow Custom Abilities checkbox.

and
Code:
thingid.cdSun | thingid.XXX | thingid.xxxx ..... etc
Nothing works unless you select cleric manually from the Allow Custom Abilities, which is not what I want. Which is just plain odd. Now if the domain is created custom and assigned this class it will show up without Allow Custom. And I tried to add a the SpecSource.cHelpFaS to the domains remotely. But that failed as well.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 7th, 2016, 03:20 PM
From an archetype I wrote that only allows the Fire Domain.

Code:
<eval phase="Final" priority="99999999"><![CDATA[
~ Change the list of Domains to only allow the Fire Domain as a valid
~ choice.
linkage[varies].field[cCstSpExpr].text = "thingid.cdFire"]]></eval>
</thing>
Now this runs on an archetype so if you are directly on the PrC class Thing you can remove the "linkage[varies]" part.

Is the above the field and timing you are at when setting your list of domains?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 7th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
From an archetype I wrote that only allows the Fire Domain.

Code:
<eval phase="Final" priority="99999999"><![CDATA[
~ Change the list of Domains to only allow the Fire Domain as a valid
~ choice.
linkage[varies].field[cCstSpExpr].text = "thingid.cdFire"]]></eval>
</thing>
Now this runs on an archetype so if you are directly on the PrC class Thing you can remove the "linkage[varies]" part.

Is the above the field and timing you are at when setting your list of domains?

That is waay earlier than any of my timing. I was running on the assumption that things had to be assigned prior to the class. I was focusing my attempts on everything before Pre-Levels/50000 I need to learn more about timings. Seems like most of my issues are either about timing, transitions and foreach construction. Well, that works, I should be able to construct something that pulls from the deity to allow the proper domains, and it shouldnt be to hard to pull the correct CL for the domains from the base class.

Thank you.

-----------
It does not show the Sun domain even when added in this method. It does not automatically populate the secondary spells from the selected domain.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; June 7th, 2016 at 03:57 PM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 7th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Quote:
That is waay earlier than any of my timing
Trying to help in saying this. Final is way "later" than Pre-Levels actually. Early would be in the the "First" phase area.

In this case when you want to muck around with a custom expression that HL is building you want to be really late. This allows you to adjust the value to what you want "after" HL has already set the value. Otherwise what happens often is they do an "append". Meaning your final custom expression could have looked like:
Code:
thingid.cdSun | thingid.XXX | thingid.xxxx(SpecSource.cHelpClr | SpecSource.cHelpFaS) & !Helper.Secondary & !Helper.Tertiary & !Helper.Quatinary & !Helper.Quintenary & !Helper.Obsolete
That would be my "guess" of what it looked like and why it would show 'Nothing to Display'.

So "First" timing is very early in the system calculations. This means expect very little of any value or tags to exist on the hero or other Things.

By "Final" timing we are very late in the system calculations. This means you can expect to find 99% of all tags, fields, and Picks to have values. Stuff for the "UI" like displaying lists or tables happens AFTER all scripts have run.

After that each "Timing" section sort of tells you about itself. In example Class levels or Attributes being calculated.

That is my 2 second definition of timing. Maybe it helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 7th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Trying to help in saying this. Final is way "later" than Pre-Levels actually. Early would be in the the "First" phase area.

In this case when you want to muck around with a custom expression that HL is building you want to be really late. This allows you to adjust the value to what you want "after" HL has already set the value. Otherwise what happens often is they do an "append". Meaning your final custom expression could have looked like:
Code:
thingid.cdSun | thingid.XXX | thingid.xxxx(SpecSource.cHelpClr | SpecSource.cHelpFaS) & !Helper.Secondary & !Helper.Tertiary & !Helper.Quatinary & !Helper.Quintenary & !Helper.Obsolete
That would be my "guess" of what it looked like and why it would show 'Nothing to Display'.

So "First" timing is very early in the system calculations. This means expect very little of any value or tags to exist on the hero or other Things.

By "Final" timing we are very late in the system calculations. This means you can expect to find 99% of all tags, fields, and Picks to have values. Stuff for the "UI" like displaying lists or tables happens AFTER all scripts have run.

After that each "Timing" section sort of tells you about itself. In example Class levels or Attributes being calculated.

That is my 2 second definition of timing. Maybe it helps.
Yeah sorry "later"

But as my edit stated, the Sun domain is isn't being added to the list, nor is the secondary spells being created.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 7th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Yeah sorry "later"

But as my edit stated, the Sun domain is isn't being added to the list, nor is the secondary spells being created.
I am left you need to post the file or email it to me. Something is not as you say as my archetype works without issues. So I need to see what you have setup. Sorry....

Unless Aaron or Mathias know what is wrong cause I am not sure right now without being able to see the code and XML...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote