Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
ShadowChemosh, you may also want to check what other variants were obsoleted by official versions. I believe we should have all the variant races from those books accounted for - there might be other duplicates in the community bestiary that didn't end up sharing Ids, but are still duplicated.
I am pretty sure that is still the case that we have the same variant now in the HL data set and the "Community Bestiary".

The issues I was thinking of is that some of them exist in the .stock files for the Encounters for an AP. I would need to check that the stats are exactly the same as CB ones where built based on the AP data.

I was also worried about DM's that may have already created a custom .por based on the CB variants and if I removed them I would destroy there .por files.

I also thought that some people may wish to use the CB variants as a starting point as they can be fully copied from inside the editor where the HL Bestiary variants can't be.

So for those reasons above I thought it maybe a good idea to leave what was already built. If the editors and community disagree I can during one of the next "bigger" releases remove all the Bestiary Variants but I didn't want to make that decision myself.

Going forward I am trying to do a better job on the MERGE process to make sure our Unique ID's are truly "unique".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old April 29th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So for those reasons above I thought it maybe a good idea to leave what was already built. If the editors and community disagree I can during one of the next "bigger" releases remove all the Bestiary Variants but I didn't want to make that decision myself.
You raise a number of good points in justifying this stance, the most important probably being the preservation of .por files done with the Community files.

It might be a good idea to slightly alter the name (not the unique ID) of the Community things to distinguish them in the listings (eg. "Ghast" and "Ghast (CF)" or something of the sort)
Lord Magus is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
You raise a number of good points in justifying this stance, the most important probably being the preservation of .por files done with the Community files.

It might be a good idea to slightly alter the name (not the unique ID) of the Community things to distinguish them in the listings (eg. "Ghast" and "Ghast (CF)" or something of the sort)
Community Bestiary, How about appending CB to the unique id along with the above suggestion?

Unless we have a creature named the Crazy Bat or an Adventure path monikered Curdled Boat I'd hazard a guess it wouldn't be an issue any time soon!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old April 30th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Community Bestiary, How about appending CB to the unique id along with the above suggestion?
This would work for all new additions to the CommBest, but, for what's been entered so far, would be no more "backwards compatible" with existing portfolios than just deleting the dupes from our files
Lord Magus is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
bilwar

Send a message via Yahoo to bilwar

Old August 5th, 2016, 01:29 AM
I have a problem with the Pathfinder Data set, It seems that the Elf Race has vanished from the list of Races to choose from from the list under the Background tab
bilwar is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old August 5th, 2016, 10:16 AM
I just updated to 13.1 and I can see the Elf race just fine.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 5th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilwar View Post
I have a problem with the Pathfinder Data set, It seems that the Elf Race has vanished from the list of Races to choose from from the list under the Background tab
Do you have any custom addons (besides the community Pack) installed? Some of them like to "hide" classes/races...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
bilwar

Send a message via Yahoo to bilwar

Old August 6th, 2016, 02:44 AM
I have a Greyhawk Data Set that I got from a Facebook group it shows the three Elf Races from that Data set

I also have the Gestalt Data Set

Last edited by bilwar; August 6th, 2016 at 02:48 AM.
bilwar is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 6th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilwar View Post
I have a Greyhawk Data Set that I got from a Facebook group it shows the three Elf Races from that Data set.
That Greyhawk file REPLACES the PF Golarion Elf Race with the "High Elf" race from Greyhawk. It's basically the same as the Pathfinder/Golarion Elf race except for the description and things like Height/Weight.
If you want to get the Golarion Elf race back, go into the editor and find the High Elf race and delete the "replace" field on the side. Then you should get the Golarion Elf and the Greyhawk ones.

Last edited by Dami; August 6th, 2016 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Clarification
Dami is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
cybersavant

Old August 10th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Hi. I have the same problem as bilwar, but i'm not sure where to go to edit the files.

[also, i don't have the gestalt files, but i'd like to - where are they found?]

Update: i've managed to get the gestalt class installed, but still no elves.

Last edited by cybersavant; August 15th, 2016 at 08:06 PM.
cybersavant is offline   #20 Reply With Quote