Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chiefweasel

Old January 26th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Not sure. In demo mode HL might not load in all the user files that have been placed in the directories.

As a worse case though if you did pick up the D&D 3.5 and a few of your group did as well, you all could enter in the information that you need specific to your campaign.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 26th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulkeeper View Post
I'm assuming by RED it was also telling me CORE was not present?
CORE is the base HL data set and even the Trial Version has that. So you are good to go there.

Quote:
It still appeared to load but there were no warforged, shifter or anything else to be found when I created characters.
My guess is that you didn't check mark the "Eberron Campaign Setting" source. So when you start HL then pick Pathfinder you are presented with a little window called "Configure Your Hero". In this window on the right side is where you can pick different options or "books". These are often called and referred to as "Sources" by the community.

You will have a new one called "Eberron Campaign Setting". Check it and then the new races will then show for you on the Races tab. This way you can control for a different game NOT having the races show up.

Quote:
Am I DOA? Can I not preview without purchase in this specific case?
Do the above and see if your issue is solved. I am 99% sure you can try things out with community created content without having to purchase (still no save or print) but can play around with stuff.

I originally tried out Hero Lab for 9 months before buying it and spent time using the editor to put in about 50% of my house rules. I had been burned so many times before by character generation software I really put HL through its paces before buying.

In the end it has meet and often exceeded my expectations.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Soulkeeper

Old January 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
@ShadowChemosh

Feel free to commence the laughing at me now.

Thank you, all options are working.
Soulkeeper is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Soulkeeper

Old January 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
OK, question to ask, and maybe I need to ask the forum as a whole.

What I found race-wise works well, does anyone know if someone has created dragonmarked feats and more importantly, the Eberron prestige classes?

Seeing as we have a warforged, a shifter and the mark of protection and hospitality, juggernaut and exorcist of the silver flame, I guess that's all I technically need.

I probably could do it myself in time, but right now, I'm not so sure.
Soulkeeper is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
@ShadowChemosh

Feel free to commence the laughing at me now.
No reason to laugh at you. We where all new to the software once.

You may also wish to check out the Pathfinder Forum FAQ which just went live yesterday. Has some good info for new users.

Quote:
What I found race-wise works well, does anyone know if someone has created dragonmarked feats and more importantly, the Eberron prestige classes?
Not that I am aware of. I know a few different people said they where going to be adding stuff and I asked them to share when done. Unfortunately I have not heard anything sense then. Real life could have gotten in there way.

I do love the Eberron flavor so I converted just "some" things over to Pathfinder and those that I did you now have.

So all I can so is that if you do add more Eberron stuff please share it so that I can add it to the data set for everyone. You can reach me at "My Forum User ID (at) yahoo.com".

P.S. - Adding the Dragonmarked feats would be pretty easy if you left them just as text for now or just set them to the 1/day use. So those would be a great place to start with if you wanted to try using the Editor of HL.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 27th, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old March 3rd, 2016, 06:29 PM
Sorry to necro this thread but I saw mention of DL Draconians, is there a community package for Draconians?
Dhrakken is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:54 PM
I don't know of any community packages with the Draconians, but with the Advanced Race Guide package and some work in the editor to add the racial traits you could start with this Pathfinder conversion and put them together that way.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old March 8th, 2016, 05:06 AM
I've been considering putting together a DL pack. But if you start work, I wouldn't object. If you want me to add those draconians to Hero Labs I could start with them. Would take a week or two so I suppose though.

I have heard that RavenX has done some stuff with DL, but I have yet to see the files. So I'm guessing that is just a rumor. If he did, I'd love to see the files.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; March 8th, 2016 at 05:08 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 8th, 2016, 05:49 AM
I have some draconian races for my personal game, but I am not allowed to contribute to the community files for legal reasons, sadly.
Aaron is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old March 8th, 2016, 05:58 AM
So is that why there is no DL stuff in the community files, because Lone Wolf is prohibited? Or just you personally not adding them?
TobyFox2002 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote