Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tony.Gamemaster

Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:03 PM
There's an issue I'm encountering when setting the Firearm Availability to "Commonplace" so I'm attempting to create a Martial Weapon version of the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) feat. The issue revolves around characters without martial weapon training being unable to take a feat to gain martial weapon proficiency for firearms.

I copied and renamed the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) feat but there's a tag expression under the container requirements that determines when the feat is able to be selected depending on whether a firearm is simple or martial:

!(Dependant.FireSimple | Dependant.FireMart)

What I need to do is replace Dependant.FireMart with whatever the tag would be that says firearms are exotic, so it toggles off the way the Exotic Proficiency does when "commonplace" availability is selected, but I can't find the exotic equivalent of "FireMart."

Anyone know what this would be, or can tell me where I need to look to find it or a list of tags?

Thanks.
Tony.Gamemaster is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 3rd, 2016, 10:25 PM
I thought I understood what you wanted but the more times I read you post the more I am getting confused.

It seemed like you wanted a new feat that called Martial Weapon (Firearms) that allow a character to be proficient with guns. But then you talked about the Container req stuff which just controls when you see a feat or not.

Can you just sum up in game terms what you are trying to accomplish without the HL terms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony.Gamemaster View Post
Anyone know what this would be, or can tell me where I need to look to find it or a list of tags?
The tags you see are located on the Hero. To see them go to "Develop->Floating Info Windows->Show Hero tags". In the top left corner of the new window you can do a search so type in "Dependant" to see all the Dependant tags. Then change the Gun selection on the Configure Your hero to see the tags change. Which when set to "Common" place guns the tag on the hero is Dependant.EarlyCheap. So changing the Container Req to just "Dependant.EarlyCheap" would cause your new feat to appear only when "Common" place guns is selected.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tony.Gamemaster

Old March 7th, 2016, 06:41 AM
Ok - let me back up a bit. When you configure your hero, if you set Firearm Availability to "Commonplace", firearms are supposed to become martial weapons and drop in price. In Hero Lab, they do - however - there's an issue with characters who are not proficient in all martial weapons that I am trying to address.

If the hero being configured does not have proficiency in all martial weapons (such as a rogue) and you give them a firearm - there's no way to make them proficient - i.e. you can purchase Martial Weapon proficiency, but the firearms (now considered martial weapons) are not listed in the drop down for picking which martial weapon you want to be proficient in.

And since firearms are no longer exotic weapons at that point, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) becomes unavailable.

So what I want to do is create a work-around. I want to create a "Martial" version of the feat "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms)" so a character can purchase a feat to gain proficiency in the weapon.

That's the goal in game terms.

To do this in Hero Lab, I cloned the Exotic Proficiency, renamed it and changed the dependency in the container requirements. I removed "Dependant.FireMart" from "!(Dependant.FireSimple | Dependant.FireMart)" so it says "!(Dependant.FireSimple)"

It appears and works when the availability is set to "commonplace" but the feat doesn't toggle off (become unavailable) when firearms availability is set to "Emerging" (i.e. exotic weapons). Both the exotic feat and custom feats are available under "emerging." That's what I need to fix. I haven't checked under "no firearms."

Last edited by Tony.Gamemaster; March 7th, 2016 at 04:33 PM.
Tony.Gamemaster is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tony.Gamemaster

Old March 7th, 2016, 04:51 PM
I took your advice about using "Develop->Floating Info Windows->Show Hero tags" to find the dependent tags and I figured it out. In the custom feat, I went into the "Containerreq" area and entered the following:

!(Dependant.FireSimple | Dependant.FireGunsmi | Dependant.NPCGunsmit | Dependant.FireForbid)

Now, the custom feat I created "Martial Weapon Proficiency (Firearms)" only shows up when the availability is set to "commonplace" and if the hero takes it, they become proficient firearms.

Thanks for the assist!
Tony.Gamemaster is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 7th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Nice. Good job!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote