Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chiefweasel

Old April 13th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Ok, we did a test run with a few folks and everything seemed to work out fine. So we would like to take things to the next level. We are announcing the first monthly seminar to be on April 28 at 8PM EST.

You will need to have the Teamviewer product for this to work.

At this time I will need to start up the Teamviewer session and post the session ID. People can then just into the event using that ID.

We do ask that people submit any questions prior, and I mean way prior to the event, that way we can look over the problem and try to solve it ahead of time but discuss it during the call. That way we should be able to cover more found. I think thats about it, so if you have any questions you would like us to discuss on the call, just post a private email to me and attach any files that you need us to look at. Thanks and hope to see you there.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Is it possible to record this, set up a channel on Vimeo, and have a running log?

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 18th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I am going to try and record it through Teamviewer. I'm not sure how well this wil work, everything is still in a beginning phase. Also any video that is made will be about 60 minutes, which means, for Youtube, it will need to get chopped into into 4 parts in order to be posted.

As far as video, if somoene else has any idea of a good way to capture 60 minutes of video, I am open for suggestions, or even delegating the video part to someone who knows how to do it more then I do.

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 18th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I've been contacted by a fellow interested in making a new class, so let's put that on the list to consider. Probably an overview of the tabs involved and how existing classes accomplish things.
Aaron is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 19th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Sounds good. I had to do a few classes and prestige classes for my Dragonstar system. I could pull them up as examples. If you could let them know to send me some contact information, at least so I know who is asking the question so I know who to talk too on the call.

Thx.

chiefweasel is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Might be better to do a simple class from scratch, to familiarize folks with things from the ground up. Classes are one of the hardest things to do, and it seems like everyone heads straight for them!

Oh, and the guy's name is Kinf, I pointed him to this thread.
Aaron is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Classes are one of the hardest things to do, and it seems like everyone heads straight for them!
Maybe something really good to start with is new people need to start SMALL and then grow. Trial by fire and sink and swim methods rarely work with most people. So something to point out is start on smaller things first like feats or traits.

If they really have to start on a class then its best to first get the class into HL and linked together. Don't worry about all the scripts that are required to get things to work. Start small or very easily get overwhelmed by what is needed to be learned.

Another thing would be look at any of the existing classes that are available on d20pfsrd that are currently working. This may provide a good thing as you can more easily see stuff that is fully in a .user file then trying to do a new copy for something as large as a class. (Hmm thought here we should put together a example class for people to look at that can be downloaded from d20pfsrd.)

Cheifweasel I will do my best to be apart of this so if you can remember to send me an invite I would appreciate it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:40 AM
I will post the meeting ID in here about 15 minutes before the meeting, which is at 8PM EST April 28.

I have had 2 questions so far that we can look at. The first one is how to make a class in the editor. The second is how to make an non-evil undead character.

Shadow, We should put together a test class for the seminar. Are you available Thurs evening to chat about it? we can skype or call.

For everyone, this is our first run at trying the seminar, so if we run into problem, please don't be too upset. We will learn from any mistakes and adjust as needed. After the seminar I'll post some information about it in here, like how it went and things like that. Also, if anyone knows abything about how to stream video in Quicktime, just let me know. The seminars might be easier to do with a few folks about specific questions, and then broadcats the video as well as record the session for the youtube channel.

Last edited by chiefweasel; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:45 AM.
chiefweasel is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Shadow, We should put together a test class for the seminar. Are you available Thurs evening to chat about it? we can skype or call.
I can fit that in but I it will be 7pm CST at the earliest most like 8pm is more realistic right now. Phone works best for me I have unlimited anywhere and have all my blue tooth headset all setup so I can speak and type at the same time (hate holding a phone and trying to type).

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 28th, 2013, 03:15 PM
So we are a go for the first monthly seminar at 8PM EST. I will post the meeting ID to be entered into Teamviewer so you can join. I will post that ID at about 745PM EST.

chiefweasel is offline   #50 Reply With Quote