Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kizan

Old October 5th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Roger,

I really like the character sheet. I'd like to request two things. First, source listings for all traits, feats, spells and so forth. I'm not sure if HL supports that in the custom output sheets or not. No one has really said.

Second was something I saw on another sheet that my players really liked, but it may be beyond the scope of what you want to do with the sheet. In addition to feet of movement could you add the number of squares as well?

Thanx,

Kizan
Kizan is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old October 5th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
Roger,

I really like the character sheet. I'd like to request two things. First, source listings for all traits, feats, spells and so forth. I'm not sure if HL supports that in the custom output sheets or not. No one has really said.

Second was something I saw on another sheet that my players really liked, but it may be beyond the scope of what you want to do with the sheet. In addition to feet of movement could you add the number of squares as well?

Thanx,

Kizan

Unfortunately, the XML data doesn't contain the source listing information, so it's not available to put into the sheet. I'm with you... it would be nice to have that.

I'll add the number-of-squares movement to the list for the next update.

Roger
AncientOne is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old October 6th, 2011, 04:27 AM
So... I'm wondering if I can get opinions on something:

I'm considering adding some configurability features to the next version of the Pathfinder "complete" character sheet. Some of these would allow you to tailor the printed output, and some would just add usability features to the live/online version.

In other words, the sheet might include things like:
  • Allow the user to expand/collapse full-text entries on a case-by-case basis.
  • hyperlinks - so you could click on (for example) the name of a feat in the Feat Summary and jump right to the full text of that feat.
  • tooltip-style descriptions -- i.e., give the user the ability to hide the full-text details for things like feats, but then pop-up that information if the mouse cursor floats over the feat name in the summary.
  • Allow the user to turn color-coding on/off to make sections of the sheet easier to quickly find (similar to the HeroForge feature).

What would you think of things like this?

It would require some JavaScript coding, which means that (depending on your security settings) your browser would prompt you for permission to run the JavaScript whenever you opened the character sheet.

Roger
AncientOne is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old October 6th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post

I'm considering adding some configurability features to the next version of the Pathfinder "complete" character sheet. Some of these would allow you to tailor the printed output, and some would just add usability features to the live/online version.

• hyperlinks - so you could click on (for example) the name of a feat in the Feat Summary and jump right to the full text of that feat.
  • tooltip-style descriptions -- i.e., give the user the ability to hide the full-text details for things like feats, but then pop-up that information if the mouse cursor floats over the feat name in the summary.
  • Allow the user to turn color-coding on/off to make sections of the sheet easier to quickly find (similar to the HeroForge feature).

It would require some JavaScript coding, which means that (depending on your security settings) your browser would prompt you for permission to run the JavaScript whenever you opened the character sheet.

Roger
I think that sounds great! Some of the full text I'm not interested in like some of the armor feat text and so forth it just eats paper.

Could you also add a section at the top (near name and stats) with vision. Currently it's listed under Special Abilities. Most confusing is that if you don't have any "special" vision there is no listing at all. So until someone played a race/class that had darkvision or low-light we couldn't tell where on the sheet it would be listed. Having ALL vision types, even normal, would be nice.

As a request from my players (because they can't remember anything). They would like the formula for casting defensively (Caster Level Check vs. 15 + 2*Spell level) to be listed at the top of the spells page(s) with the chart of how many spells per day.

Thanx Roger,

Kizan

P.S. This all came from ONE night of play. Sigh. Lazy players.
Kizan is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old October 6th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post

Roger
I would approve this effort. As mentioned, Armor Proficiencies, Shield Proficiency, and general weapon proficiencies can all be minimized by default.
kinevon is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 6th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
When I try to install Armidale's Custom Sheet 3.2, it says it installs but I still get his 3.1 version when I try to generate it.

Edit: Even uninstalling the old one before installing the new one still only shows 3.1
Apparently the wrong version got posted on ShadowChemosh's site. (Version 3.2 was available at the link I originally posted though.)
Working with ShadowChemosh to get this fixed...
armidale is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Ok I think I fixed the issue. Has to do with the wiki I was using doing its own UniqueID for the file instead of the file name for doing the download. So I changed the name but the UniqueID was NOT being changed. So you where downloading the OLD file with the New Name. Duh!

Trust me its been one of those kind of weeks.

Try it and hopefully its all fixed now and I won't do something stupid in the future... hehe well at least not this one....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Armidale's Custom Sheet updated to v3.3:
  • Display climb/swim speeds for all characters.
  • Fill in "spell save DC" and "bonus spells" boxes at top of spells section.
  • Display both melee & ranged attack bonuses for thrown weapons.
  • Tweak shape of modifiers box next to CMB to match sheet in core rulebook.
  • Add CMD "misc modifier" box so CMD numbers always add up.
  • Fill in "Next Level" XP box (not visible if using PFS guide format).
  • Add space before "lbs." in weights to improve readability.
  • Remove "charges" label on non-charged magic items like potions in Gear section.
  • Fix bug with negative modifiers counting as 0 in a few calculations.
armidale is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Armidale's Custom Sheet updated to v3.3:
  • Display climb/swim speeds for all characters.
  • Fill in "spell save DC" and "bonus spells" boxes at top of spells section.
  • Display both melee & ranged attack bonuses for thrown weapons.
  • Tweak shape of modifiers box next to CMB to match sheet in core rulebook.
  • Add CMD "misc modifier" box so CMD numbers always add up.
  • Fill in "Next Level" XP box (not visible if using PFS guide format).
  • Add space before "lbs." in weights to improve readability.
  • Remove "charges" label on non-charged magic items like potions in Gear section.
  • Fix bug with negative modifiers counting as 0 in a few calculations.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Looks like Traits are not showing up on the Custom Sheets

Armidale, thanks for the PFS sheet, I will take a closer look at it and give advice on other adjustments.
Dragnmoon is offline   #120 Reply With Quote