Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tasha

Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
That actually seems to be an issue with the HeroLab XML, and I haven't found any way to compensate for it.
BTW Have you (or anyone else) been able to get the faction functions to work? I added it to my CS (in a newer build than we have here), but I can't get any faction to actually display. I even tried making a Pathfinder Society (the RPGA clone) character, but still nothing appears in faction/@name.

Just throwing it outthere. Perhaps it's bugged or more likely I am missing something.

Yeah, there are functions that I wish I could output. ie I would love to have a value for XP to Next level. If there wasn't 3 speeds of advancement I could do it procedurally. I guess if there was a way to find out that leveling speed from HL we could still write a bit of code that would figure it out. Since they have started this custom sheets we should probably start a list of things that we wish we had tags for.

Last edited by Tasha; October 2nd, 2011 at 01:32 AM.
Tasha is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 2nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
Since they have started this custom sheets we should probably start a list of things that we wish we had tags for.
Colen has a thread for that called Custom output requests.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Armidale's Custom Sheet updated to v3.1:
  • Improve look of top lines.
  • Improve look of all black boxes containing 2 lines of text.
  • List any damage resistances and damage reduction in DR box next to HP.
  • Update Saves section to match sheet in core rulebook, including filling in modifier boxes.
  • Fill in Spell Resistance box.
  • Fill in CMB and CMD modifiers.
  • Add tracking checkboxes next to special abilities with limited uses per day.
  • Show number of charges in gear section after magic items with limited charges.
  • Fill in "lift over head" etc fields.
  • Switch order of money to match sheet in core rulebook.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
BTW Have you (or anyone else) been able to get the faction functions to work? I added it to my CS (in a newer build than we have here), but I can't get any faction to actually display. I even tried making a Pathfinder Society (the RPGA clone) character, but still nothing appears in faction/@name.
It's there in factions/faction/@name, which you can see in the XML file generated through "Generate XML file".
armidale is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Armidale's Custom Sheet updated to v3.1:
  • Fill in CMB and CMD modifiers.
Just noting that, for some reason, this is currently NOT listing all the modifiers correctly.

I have a character with both Improved Trip & Disarm and Greater Trip & Disarm, but it is only showing a modifier of +2 instead of +4 for both of them..
kinevon is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Tasha

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
It's there in factions/faction/@name, which you can see in the XML file generated through "Generate XML file".
Thanks, got the syntax of that wrong. I am more of a hack than an expert with this kind of stuff. I do have the XML file of all the Pathfinder tags open in my Text editor (go go Notepad++) I have the window split between the XSL of my sheet and the List of Tags for easy reference.
Tasha is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Here's an update to my Pathfinder "complete" character sheet. Thanks to everyone who provided input on the previous beta version.

The changes in this beta version are:
  • Now packaged as an .hl file (which is wrapped in a .ZIP file to satisfy the upload requirements of this board).
  • Updated to work on Google Chrome (and likely other browsers in addition to the original IE 9, but I haven't personally tested others). NOTE: Chrome does not support printing background colors, so the sheet will not print from Chrome exactly as it appears on the screen.
  • Various readability improvements (fonts, font sizes, formatting of feat text, etc.)
  • Inclusion of combat-maneuver details.
  • Inclusion of money.

This will probably be the final "beta" version... the next update will be 1.0. As before, any and all feedback is appreciated!

Roger
Attached Files
File Type: zip rt_complete_beta_2011_10_2.zip (7.8 KB, 14 views)
AncientOne is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Here's an update to my Pathfinder "complete" character sheet. Thanks to everyone who provided input on the previous beta version.

The changes in this beta version are:
  • Now packaged as an .hl file (which is wrapped in a .ZIP file to satisfy the upload requirements of this board).
  • Updated to work on Google Chrome (and likely other browsers in addition to the original IE 9, but I haven't personally tested others). NOTE: Chrome does not support printing background colors, so the sheet will not print from Chrome exactly as it appears on the screen.
  • Various readability improvements (fonts, font sizes, formatting of feat text, etc.)
  • Inclusion of combat-maneuver details.
  • Inclusion of money.

This will probably be the final "beta" version... the next update will be 1.0. As before, any and all feedback is appreciated!

Roger
Roger,

Love the sheet. Nice and clean. Uses less ink this way. When I printed up a PC or two I noticed that the header for "Combat Maneuver Details" kept showing up on the very bottom of the first sheet just under the weapon listing. The info for CM showed on the next page. I had to change my bottom margin up to .8 to get the header to show on the correct page. I usually try to set mine to print as much on a sheet as possible. Using .25 margins all around.

Thanx,

Kizan
Kizan is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
Roger,

Love the sheet. Nice and clean. Uses less ink this way. When I printed up a PC or two I noticed that the header for "Combat Maneuver Details" kept showing up on the very bottom of the first sheet just under the weapon listing. The info for CM showed on the next page. I had to change my bottom margin up to .8 to get the header to show on the correct page. I usually try to set mine to print as much on a sheet as possible. Using .25 margins all around.

Thanx,

Kizan
Thanks Kizan! Just to confirm... Did you try to print at 0.5" margins? That's the layout it's designed for. Also, what browser did you use?
AncientOne is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Thanks Kizan! Just to confirm... Did you try to print at 0.5" margins? That's the layout it's designed for. Also, what browser did you use?
Roger,

When I print using .5 margins all around I get half a CM Details and Magic Item Summary header at the bottom. I'm using IE9. I've got a 5th level dwarven fighter with eight weapons on the list. Did it list somewhere the margins I was to use? I didn't see it.

Is there a way to add source books and pages?

Thanx,

Kizan

Last edited by Kizan; October 3rd, 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Kizan is offline   #100 Reply With Quote