Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

laserkid

Old April 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM
and my group found another bug, the gunslinger ability nimble +1 (gained at level2) gives a plus one dodge bonus to AC, dodge bonus's to AC should also be added to CMD, but nimble does not appear to be adding to the CMD value in herolab.

This it the same character who had the bullet bug, he seems to like finding bugs.
laserkid is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
RicoTheBold

Old April 6th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Super minor, but Sylph race description text (not any of the functional rules) is using the Ifrit description: "This muscular, fiery-skinned man has flaming hair and spotted horns upon his brow." It should read: "This pale, waifish woman, her hair waving in a nonexistent breeze, looks as if she might fade away into mist entirely at any minute."

Less minor, but the 2nd printing of Ultimate Magic includes some errata for the Extra Evolution feat. Previously (and currently in Hero Lab) it read: "Special: You can gain Extra Evolution multiple times, but only once for every five summoner levels you possess." It should read "Special: This evolution can be taken once at 1st level, and again at 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th." Currently Hero Lab restricts characters from taking it as many times as the revised rule allows.

I'm guessing there's other info from the Ultimate Magic 2nd printing that needs to be changed, too, but there's a summoner in my group who wants the extra evolution points.
RicoTheBold is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM
That option makes the feats from Rise of the Runelords not count against you. So it only works on "upbringing" feats and these feats only exist for Rise of the Runelords.

If you want a free any feat just put in an adjustment for Feats and give yourself +1.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
mirtexxan

Old April 7th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Hello everybody,
it is just me doing something wrong, or the customize checkbox in the background tab is seriously broken?

If the box is selected, Hero Lab seems to delete any pre-set skill of feat choices for the particular race... and that would be fine, so then I could pick whatever I want. The problem is that the previously auto-selected (and now deleted) feats seem to still affect the character! For instance, a previously selected and then re-customized Dodge feat (e.g. on a Bodak npc) still adds a +1 dodge bonus to AC! The same is true for a power attack feat that still add to the in-play tab the power attack checkbox...

Similarly, re-assigning pre-set innate bonus to skills doesn't work. For instance if I try to equip an headband of intellect +X, bonus skill points are not added if the customize checkbox is selected, and incorrectly stack with racial innate bonus if the checkbox is NOT selected (surfing the forums this is probably a known bug). By the way, a easy workaround is to modify the aforementioned magical items to add the skill points as external bonus, not innate.

For you editor experts, what actually happens when I select the customize checkbox? It seems that all bootstrapped elements are still there, and so the customize buttom is completely unusable save the simplest cases! What can I do? Is there a workaround or temporary fix available?

Mirto

Last edited by mirtexxan; April 7th, 2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
mirtexxan is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Checkmate

Old April 7th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinevon
Well, it looks like someone broke the Strength modifier to damage for composite longbows which have one.

This is affecting both a 1st level PC with a composite longbow Str+2 with a 14 Str; and a 12th level PC with a composite longbow Str +3 with a 16 Str.

The attack values are correct, it is only not including the Strength bonus to damage.
Still happening in e
Checkmate is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
Still happening in e

FYI there are two different software versions. One is for Hero Lab the software application the herolab.exe. The other is the Pathfinder game data package.

3.9e is the Hero Lab application that controls reading the XML saving your character or printing. Pathfinder data package is what controls game mechanics like the composite bows.

So you need to wait for the next release of Pathfinder data package for bugs in the game mechanics to be fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old April 7th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I am getting the same errors as the above posters but it happens when I use the custom weapon feature. The moment I start using it the program starts being very unresponsive and it gets to the point it will no longer function. It then crashes. The next time I will copy and post the error message.
The update last night seems to have fixed the problem. HL no longer freezes and is only a little unresponsive when using the custom weapon maker which does go away after a minute. No more crashes. Thank you for fixing this so quickly.
Dwayne is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old April 7th, 2012, 08:02 AM
When you get a free upbringing feat just choose it last. There will be 0 feats left to choose but it will not invalidate your character if you choose an upbringing feat. HL does not add to the feats number available it just doesn't count the upbringing feat if choosen last.

I don't know how this got here. I posted this in another thread. Weird.

Last edited by Dwayne; April 8th, 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: I posted this in another thread
Dwayne is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
mirtexxan

Old April 8th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Hello everybody,
I just noticed that the broken adjustment seems to not work properly for armor.
Take for example a Full Plate armor, and a CUSTOM +3 Mithril Full Plate armor.
For reference the stats are:

Quote:
(base) Full plate: AC +9, ACP -6
Quote:
+3 Mithril Full plate: AC +12 (+9 armor +3enhancement), ACP -3 (-6 base +3 mithril)
Let's apply the Hero Lab "broken adjustment" to the two armors.
In the first case we have:

Quote:
Broken Full plate: AC +4, ACP -12.
Simple enough.

Quote:
(broken) +3 Mithril Full Plate: AC +7 (+4 armor +3 magic), ACP -9 (-12 base + 3 mithril).
What?? Wait a minute. Apart from not displaying the name correctly (the "broken" prefix is missing), the broken penality seems to apply to the base version of the armor, BEFORE magic or mithril properties are added.
But I don't think that the correct behaviour according to raw!

Quote:
If the item is a suit of armor or a shield, the bonus it grants to AC is halved, rounding down. Broken armor doubles its armor check penalty on skills.
The quote does not specify magical or non-magical armor, so we should apply this definition to the total , shouldn't we? My interpretation seems to agree with several published statblocks (e.g. bodak antipaladin in Undead Revisited).
According to this interpretation, the expected behaviour should be:

Broken +3 Mithril Full Plate: AC +6 (+12 halved), ACP -6 (-3 doubled).

After some testing with the adjustment in the hero lab editor, I propose two fixes.

1) modify the timing of the eval scripts, so they apply AFTER the armor is customized (this fix the "broken" string prefix and the armor check penality calculation). In my testing I set the scripts to the final and post-level phase and increased their priorities to 5 figures numbers. (however I'm a noob, so you can probably craft a more elegant solution).
2) modify the eval script that halves ac bonus, as follows:

Quote:
~ If we're armor, modify AC and check penalty
if (focus.tagis[component.BaseArmor] <> 0) then

var bonus as number
bonus = focus.field[arAC].value + focus.field[BonEnhance].value
focus.field[arAC].value = round(bonus / 2,0,-1) - focus.field[BonEnhance].value
focus.field[arArmorChk].value *= 2

~ PREVIOUS VERSION
~focus.field[arAC].value = round(focus.field[arAC].value / 2,0,-1)

endif
What do you think?
mirtexxan is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Movian

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I double checked this to be sure.

In both the PRD and the advanced players guide. A corrosive Burst melee weapon is a +2 enhancement, and a Corrosive Burst ranged weapon is a +1 bonus. However when adding corrosive burst to my Bow hero lab has it set to a +2 bonus. While this would be in keeping with the trend of the other burst abilities (which are +2 for both), it is not technicaly 'By the book' i checked and am unable to find an erata for this, so until that happens shouldn't the bonus on a bow be a +1 ?
Movian is offline   #90 Reply With Quote