Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

hangarflying

Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hello All,

I'm in the process of putting in Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary "Dread Ghoul" template and I am wondering how I should do a few things.

The first has to do with the speed. The entry reads: "If the base creature has a climb speed and a land speed, increase the climb speed to match the land speed unless it is already higher. If the base creature lacks one of those speeds, the dread ghoul gains the missing mode of movement at a speed equal to the other. If the base creature lacks both modes of movement, the dread ghoul gains both at a speed equal to one-half the base creature's highest speed."

I guess the first thing to know is, is there another template with a similar stipulation that I can copy? The second is, if not, how do I go about scripting this?
hangarflying is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Half-celestial, Half-fiend and half-dragon all get fly speeds of twice their land speed, so that's an example of how to relate one speed to another.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
hangarflying

Old December 22nd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks! I think that will work for now. I'm not sure how to do the last part that talks about if they don't have a walking or climb speed they get them at half. In the long run, I don't think it matters too much.
hangarflying is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 22nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Huntercc has a project where he is doing the Templates from the advanced bestiary. You may wish to get in touch with him as it always goes faster with help.

See Advanced Bestiary - Green Ronin thread. We will be releasing it as part of a community package of Monsters.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Here is part of a script I used to modify the swim speed to become equal to the highest land speed on the hero. You can modify this by simply dividing the result by two:

Code:
~ Set Swim speed as highest base land speed
var biggest as number
biggest = maximum(hero.child[xClimb].field[abValue].value, hero.child[xBurrow].field[abValue].value)
biggest = maximum(biggest, hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value)
perform hero.child[xSwim].delete[Value.?]
hero.child[xSwim].field[abValue].value = biggest
So on the last line, replace "biggest" with "biggest/2" and Swim will become half the highest land speed. Now just modify this with the appropriate speeds you are concerned with.
huntercc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercc View Post
Here is part of a script I used to modify the swim speed to become equal to the highest land speed on the hero. You can modify this by simply dividing the result by two:
Timing is pretty important with this type of script but you didn't mention it. Just FYI.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Good point :P I used Final Phase, 1000 for this script.
huntercc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
hangarflying

Old December 24th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I will play with the script when I get a chance. Being new to this, I don't know the scripting language so I can't make it do what I want. Hence, I copy other examples.

Currently, I took Mathis's suggestion and used the half-dragon's speed script. It seems to work for the moment in that I've tested it on a human and a dwarf, and in those two cases it worked the climb speed properly. I haven't tested it on something that only has a climb speed or doesn't have both climb and "regular" speed.

From what I can see, the first thing the script needs to do is see if the base creature has a regular speed. Then it needs to see if it has a climb speed. If yes to both, it needs to set both speeds to the higher speed, if different. If it has one, but not the other, it needs to add the missing one at the same speed as the other. If it has neither, it needs to add both at half of the highest speed that it does have (I don't have the template in front of me, so I'm working from memory).

Hmm...I will learn in time!
hangarflying is offline   #8 Reply With Quote