Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixoticparadigm View Post
If you create a new rogue and add 10 levels all at once, all Rogue Talents are unlocked for the 5 you have to choose (it should be 4 regular rogue talents plus 1 advanced rogue talent).
You should be creating high-level characters level-by-level if you're worried about this. Without fundamentally altering the way Hero Lab builds characters, the choices taken at each level can't be tracked.

Last edited by Mathias; December 7th, 2010 at 09:11 PM.
Mathias is online now   #71 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:06 PM
If you select a deity for your inquisitor with alignment CG, CE or NE you get validation errors when you choose valid alignments for your character. If you select a CG deity only NG as your character's alignment doesn't result in a validation error, while CE and NE deities doesn't seem to allow any alignment for your inquisitor.
evilash is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You shold be creating high-level characters level-by-level if you're worried about this. Without fundamentally altering the way Hero Lab builds characters, the choices taken at each level can't be tracked.
Which is the only real problem I see with HL. It takes a long time to explain the "level by level" to players and when you think they get it, you find a PC with too many feats of high pre-reqs they couldn't have possibly qualified level by level.

I would think it would be easy to add a column to the feat selection that allows a person to tag a feat with a string. Then this string could be used to sort the character feats in the list (would make auditing easier.) No scripting required, just user entered text.

Same for talents right?
risner is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:04 PM
It is possible to design a feat that allows the user to specify what level they took it at. I had to do so for Vow of Poverty from the Book of Exalted Deeds in d20, but it is a serious pain. I don't know if what you suggest would be easy risner.
Lawful_g is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
quixoticparadigm

Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:22 AM
I always create my characters level by level, I didn't know if this is inherent to HL or not.

Anyway, here's another little bug. When creating +1 arrows (I don't know why you'd do this, but okay), the costs are screwed up under '?'. It calculates that the 'masterworking' costs of 300 is applied to each arrow. So for accounting purposes, it thinks you've paid about 15000+ gold for 50 arrows.
quixoticparadigm is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Anyway, here's another little bug. When creating +1 arrows (I don't know why you'd do this, but okay), the costs are screwed up under '?'. It calculates that the 'masterworking' costs of 300 is applied to each arrow. So for accounting purposes, it thinks you've paid about 15000+ gold for 50 arrows.
Excuse me, but this is the second time you have reported this problem in THIS thread. I have already responded to your first post, telling you that you're not the first person to report it, and it's already on my to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #76 Reply With Quote
quixoticparadigm

Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Excuse me, but this is the second time you have reported this problem in THIS thread. I have already responded to your first post, telling you that you're not the first person to report it, and it's already on my to-do list.
This is actually one that I haven't reported before. The other one had to do with arrows of a specific 'Special Material' type. This time, this is for arrows defined as 'Masterwork' or 'Magical.'

PS. Is the to-do list public? I'd like to double-check I'm not reporting things on there already.
quixoticparadigm is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
quixoticparadigm

Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
After you've worn the headband for 24h, the bonus to INT becomes a permanent bonus. On pg. 555, in the Permanent bonuses section, it says "Modify all skills and statistics related to that ability" - the number of bonuses for INT is a statistic related to INT.
Even still, the Headband should not give you a bonus language. First off, look at the descriptor text from page 518:

Quote:
This intricate gold headband is decorated with several small blue and deep purple gemstones. The headband grants the wearer an enhancement bonus to Intelligence of +2, +4, or +6. Treat this as a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the headband is worn. A headband of vast intelligence has one skill associated with it per +2 bonus it grants. After being worn for 24 hours, the headband grants a number of skill ranks in those skills equal to the wearer’s total Hit Dice. These ranks do not stack with the ranks a creature already possesses. These skills are chosen when the headband is created. If no skill is listed, the headband is assumed to grant skill ranks in randomly determined Knowledge skills.
Notice how any information related to languages has been excluded. Now combine that with what James Jacobs said in a post about it in this thread. He states in the edit that:
Quote:
I'm not sure if excluding bonus languages from the things the headband grants was an oversight or intentional. I think it might have been intentional, but I'm not sure.
So as it stands now, it looks like headbands shouldn't be giving you a bonus language. I do think this deserves greater clarification from Paizo, tbh.
quixoticparadigm is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
I just checked, they keep the changes for each errata in each edition of it.
Not sure where you looking, but I am looking at Errata 1.0, Errata 2.0, and Errata 3.0. These are ALL different and each does not contain the previous errata information. Learned this the hard way as I did a search in Errata 3.0 for shields and it does not contain the Shield Master feat changes.

Granted the CORE pdf does contain all the changes, but I was trying to quickly find the specific errata notes. So in future I have to remember search all three documents not just the last one put out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 4th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Even still, the Headband should not give you a bonus language. I do think this deserves greater clarification from Paizo, tbh.
I disagree with your first statement, but agree with your second. If you can manage to get Jason B to comment on the language. Such as saying "you do" or "you do not" gain the lang. I'm sure things will be changed here.
risner is offline   #80 Reply With Quote