Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

XxL3THALxX

Old August 11th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
XxL3, on your updates page (which you can get to from the Updates link at the bottom of the page where you're choosing a character, what is listed among your installed updates?

If there are any updates there that you know you don't want, move your finger from right-to-left across that update, and a delete button will be revealed.

If you're not sure, give us the list so we can tell you what to delete, or how to update the rest.
I deleted "the modern path" and that fixed my issue. thank you!
XxL3THALxX is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 11th, 2016, 10:37 AM
I just have to ask a "stupid" question. If you are not using Modern why do you have it installed? Did you use it at one time and are no longer playing in a Modern game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StunningFist View Post
Removing the Modern Path update did the trick for my iPad. I still get 4 errors about 4 picks (pMPFamKick x2, pMPClDmMdf x2) being orphaned from batches 316 and 351, but the portfolios still open, so no big deal.

Thanks all the great advice!
Take a look at FAQ#8 to fix these sort of issues after removing an addon/package. You will need to do this on Windows/Mac computer.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2016, 11:55 AM
I think a lot of people have the modern files installed because they were our first user-created major add-on, so we gave them a spot in the automatic updater.

Because they were in the automatic updater, there were a lot of users who just downloaded everything that's there, and ended up with the Modern files - it's even easier on the iPad - there were only two update options listed, so I think a lot of people just installed both.

Eventually (I think it was a year or so ago), we decided to remove the modern files from our own updater, and let the community files handle those, but there's nothing in Hero Lab that prompts people to remove them, and they're no longer automatically receiving updates after that. Now, in the most recent update, there was a change in the Pathfinder files to improve a piece of the editor, and that change means that a bad way of coding something that was used in the modern files is now a forbidden way to code things. That's why the error is popping up now.

P.S. The change that was made was; if you chose specific weapons to grant proficiency in, for a class, for example, the list of weapons to choose from included many things that didn't belong there, like every type of ammunition, all the specific weapons, and all the headers, which cluttered up the list. Now, ammunition, specific weapons, and headers no longer generate WepProf tags. The Modern files had some cases where WepProf tags from weapons that were set as headers were being used in some fashion. Because those tags are no longer generated, it's no longer legal to use them, and that's the source of the errors.

Last edited by Mathias; August 12th, 2016 at 09:28 AM.
Mathias is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old August 12th, 2016, 09:18 AM
@ShadowChemosh: back when ModernPath first came out I installed it to check out character creation, then never bothered to uninstall it. It's actually been the source of a couple of problems for me over the years in HL so I'm going to be uninstalling it for now, since our group is only doing PF at the moment.

Again, thanks everyone for the easy fix...I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of it myself since I'm a software developer by trade. Guess it's like the plumber that never fixes his own house...
StunningFist is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
qstor

Old August 12th, 2016, 02:33 PM
still getting errors

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cMPCHPsBd' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPCHPsBd' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPDPHamm' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPDPHamer' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPGrBioW' (Eval Script '#2') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWGr' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPLBioWp' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWLs' not defined
qstor is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old August 12th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qstor View Post
still getting errors
Have you deleted the old Modern path module?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
qstor

Old August 15th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Have you deleted the old Modern path module?

I installed the updates to the Community pack and it seems to work ok.
qstor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote