Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ValaraukarU

Old September 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I had only planned to merge together the .user files per AP. So in example right now I sort of the following:

PFRPG_Council_of_Thieves_Bestiary.user
PFRPG_Council_of_Thieves_AP.user
PFRPG_Rise_of_the_Runelords_Bestiary.user
PFRPG_Rise_of_the_Runelords_AP.user
I completely misunderstood what you meant by merging the files. I think the CotCT was already complaint with this except for the name of the files not matching your conventions which I will gladly comply with.
ValaraukarU is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old September 26th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Not everyone made .stock files. So the .por files where placed in your portfolios\pathfinder\Carrion Crown folder. By default that should be now in My Documents\Hero Lab if memory serves.

Also when searching in HL itself by say race you have to have check marked the "Carrion Crown" AP or you won't see the "Ooze Swarm" and stuff.

Hopefully that helps.
Ah, brilliant, ShadowChemosh!

Found 'em in "C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Hero Lab\Portfolios\pathfinder\Carrion Crown"

All there, separated by chapter! Thanks a bunch!
Aldaron is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old September 26th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFax View Post
Anyone working on Legacy of Fire? I would love to have the last book as my group is nearing that stage.

Also, is this only Paizo AP material, or could I possibly make one for ENWorlds War of the Burning Sky or WotC's Red Hand of Doom and submit it?
I am, but was out of commission for awhile. Sadly, it'll be a week or two before I get to the last book.
Unseelie is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I've almost finished the third book of Council of Thieves. Just a few npcs to input and it should be ready in a few days!

Fingers crossed.
bodrin is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I am still working on Kingmaker but have a question, is there any way to surpress the errors that HL does? the reason i ask is that the skill points for monsters just dont add up, same with some feats. the monster is fine but has errors, it would be nice to just kill the red errors on the tabs so it all looked pretty.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 12th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I am still working on Kingmaker but have a question, is there any way to surpress the errors that HL does? the reason i ask is that the skill points for monsters just dont add up, same with some feats. the monster is fine but has errors, it would be nice to just kill the red errors on the tabs so it all looked pretty.
I've been using a macro to either add a skill bonus or innate bonus to whatever the skills that error out are. Can't recall which one ATM!
It's fudging RAW but it works.
bodrin is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
is there any way to surpress the errors that HL does?
Why I totally understand the desire to do this I have to disagree with it. The red is very useful for the next DM that opens the .por. It lets them know of the mistake and they can either A) Fix it or B) leave it alone and play as is.

I would be of the DMs that would fall into A and fix them by adding/removing extra skill points or feats. Many DM's may decide to just leave it alone. So by having it be shown in Red it brings it to everyone's attention and they can decide for themselves what to do.

If you hide the errors then you are preventing other DMs from making their own decision about the Stat Block Errors.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I agree Shadow. The problem that i am running into are things like the number of skill points dont add up correct. iHL will allow me to add any number per level, but trying to get a Whole number can be difficult if not impossible.

for instance if i need 7 skill point for a 3rd level monster, how could i get 7 points. any number i use in the editor will come up with something close but not eaxctly 7. I could give it 2.333 skill points per level but an error will still occur and i get the Red tab when i select the monster as a race.

about the only thing i can figure for this is to use an absolute value for the calculation. (not sure how to do that though).

its the same issue with feats. in the editor you can tell it to remove a number of feats, but if you have to add some it, it says there are 0 feats left to add but still shows Red for an error.

the monster i am working on is the Thawn. Its claws get a 19-20 crit range. normal claws are only a 20 crit range. so i added the improved critical feat. but for some reason this pushes it into an error, even when i adjust the number of feats allowed in the editor. so the information that is needed for the monster to be a class is correct its incorrect by the system. so there really isnt an error.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
the monster i am working on is the Thawn. Its claws get a 19-20 crit range. normal claws are only a 20 crit range. so i added the improved critical feat. but for some reason this pushes it into an error, even when i adjust the number of feats allowed in the editor. so the information that is needed for the monster to be a class is correct its incorrect by the system. so there really isnt an error.
Try looking at other monsters that have improved threat ranges for their natural attacks, like the Tyrannosaurus - that'll let you set the proper range without adding a feat that the critter's not supposed to have.
Mathias is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 13th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
for instance if i need 7 skill point for a 3rd level monster, how could i get 7 points. any number i use in the editor will come up with something close but not eaxctly 7. I could give it 2.333 skill points per level but an error will still occur and i get the Red tab when i select the monster as a race.
Sorry not following what you mean here. Could you provide an example maybe? As I have not seen a need for 2.333 skill points. Monsters have there skill number set by type.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #150 Reply With Quote