Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TemporalVengeance

Old August 31st, 2010, 07:25 AM
I honestly, want to be able to select my Homeland and also have it add that homeland's language into my default language (which is possible), however I fear that by adding it into the factions, that it'll also show up when creating a PFS character. I'm afraid that while creating a PFS character, I'll forget that Ulfden is not a valid faction and choose it accidentally. Is there a way to make the Factions option show up when creating a regular character and display the homelands options and if the Society Content is checkmarked, have it ONLY display the factions from PFS?

Previously, I just created a whole mess of races for each different human race (which sorta made my race screen explode) and had the additional languages auto-add when that race is selected (for instance if I selected "Human (Ulfden)" Skald would be automatically added as a default language). Should I just continue to do this now that the Golarian languages are part of herolabs are built in or is there a way to do what i want in factions?

Last edited by TemporalVengeance; August 31st, 2010 at 07:27 AM.
TemporalVengeance is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old August 31st, 2010, 08:58 AM
There is an "Allowed for PFS" check mark box on almost screen in the editor. So for other factions, just make sure you do not check that box and then when making a PFS character you should only see the main five.

I bootstrapped the languages to additional races just like you did. I am sure you can add it to a faction as well, but it would have to be an actual bootstrap and not a check box like it is with races.
Thazar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 31st, 2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalVengeance View Post
I honestly, want to be able to select my Homeland and also have it add that homeland's language into my default language (which is possible), however I fear that by adding it into the factions, that it'll also show up when creating a PFS character. I'm afraid that while creating a PFS character, I'll forget that Ulfden is not a valid faction and choose it accidentally. Is there a way to make the Factions option show up when creating a regular character and display the homelands options and if the Society Content is checkmarked, have it ONLY display the factions from PFS?
I have not double checked specifically for Factions, but I thought all Things in the editor had a check box to select if something is NOT valid for PFS. So if this is the case for Factions you could just mark your custom factions as NOT PFS allowed so they don't show up for your PFS characters.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
TemporalVengeance

Old August 31st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I have not double checked specifically for Factions, but I thought all Things in the editor had a check box to select if something is NOT valid for PFS. So if this is the case for Factions you could just mark your custom factions as NOT PFS allowed so they don't show up for your PFS characters.
Yeah, I found the check box, however another weird error has popped up. I now have all the Ethnicities entered in and they show up under Backgrounds/Factions if you have "Enable Backgrounds/Factions" enabled, however for some strange reason, Skald and Hallit no longer appear on the language list. I even tried removing the .user file I had the Ethnicities in to see if I broke something when I made it add in the Ancient Azlant, Tien, and Vudrani languages, but they're still missing. Strangely enough, though, if I use the editor to create bootstraps to add languages, Skald and Hallit are still listed as though they exist. Thoughts?

Missing from Language Select Screen:

Appearing in Editor:

UPDATE:
After some trial and error, the languages of Hallit and Skald, for some reason, seem to be tied to the Kingmaker Adventure Path only. Without it selected, they don't appear.

Is there some way to edit that so that they appear if the Golarian Languages option is selected instead?

Last edited by TemporalVengeance; August 31st, 2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added images and update
TemporalVengeance is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalVengeance View Post
After some trial and error, the languages of Hallit and Skald, for some reason, seem to be tied to the Kingmaker Adventure Path only. Without it selected, they don't appear.

Is there some way to edit that so that they appear if the Golarian Languages option is selected instead?
I've got this fixed for the next update.
Mathias is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
TemporalVengeance

Old August 31st, 2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I've got this fixed for the next update.
Sweet! Thanks. Will Tien, Ancient Azlant, and Vudrani Languages be included in the Golarian option as well?

Otherwise, I've got the entire .user file finished. It contains all Ethnicities of Humans under the Factions tab (they won't show up if you're creating a PFS character), they'll auto-give the regional language, and under the Factions Dialog, I've got descriptions of the regions, favoured Deities and Regions, and common names of the ethnicity. The only question is whether it should be limited to Humans only or if it should also include Half-Orc and Half-Elf?

While I understand that they're Human Ethnicities, if someone's Dad is an Elf and their mom is a Vudrani woman, wouldn't they inherit some of their ethnic physical traits, as well as probably be tought their language?

This is just one of those questions my friends and I have been mulling over as well as the question of Half-What? where we're asking if it's possible to be Half-Orc and Half-Elf (or, more ridiculously, Half-Orc and Half-Halfling/Gnome). That's a homebrew situation there, obviously, since it'd involve strange stats, etc... but the original Vudrani Half-Elf question is still pretty valid.
TemporalVengeance is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2010, 11:03 AM
Proper handling for the languages is waiting for the World Guide - Inner Sea that's due out next February.
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old November 13th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Our gaming group had a bit of a break over the last week or two and so I just now got around to patching Hero lab with the latest. And I just wanted to say thanks! The breakout of spells, adjustments, and conditions is great! I also want to say thank you for getting both the gods and factions into the program exactly like on my wish list.

One thing I would like to comment on is how great your support is for the game system. I made a lot of minor changes to the game by adding my own factions, gods, feats, traits, combat adjustments, languages etc. And now the biggest thing I have to change whenever you patch is to go in a remove things I added in the past that you have now incorporated into the core game. I still have my own data file with my mods to the program... but you are rapidly adding a lot of things that I had put in... and in almost every case you do it in a way that is equal to or better then the version I had. (Go figure... the pros do a better job then some random dude on the internet... who would have thunk it. )

So keep up the good work, and whatever the legal stuff you had to work our with Paizo to use world specific items is worth it for the improvement to your product IMHO.
Thazar is offline   #18 Reply With Quote