Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

jerdog

Old June 1st, 2011, 08:59 PM
The heavy blade sharpened combat scabbard states that it does 1d4 damage when it should be 1d6 per the Adventurer's Armory; the entry for the sharpened combat scabbard has the correct damage - 1d6 but not the proper weapon group for purposes of fighter weapon training.

Thanks for the great product.

Jerry
jerdog is offline   #71
Waylorn

Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Scarlet and blue Sphere +2 enhancement bonus to Intelligence 8,000 gp

I have this enabled under my magic items but it is not granting me the skill points that it is supposed to after wearing it for 24 hours. The only way i have seen to make it work is to uncheck it under magic items and do a permanent adjustment under the personal tab after 24 hours. Is this correct or am I "DOING IT WRONG" Heh. Any answer would be helpful. I started a post on piazo and it turned into a nerd fight and got faq'ed.

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...here&page=1#26
Waylorn is offline   #72
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylorn View Post
Scarlet and blue Sphere +2 enhancement bonus to Intelligence 8,000 gp

I have this enabled under my magic items but it is not granting me the skill points that it is supposed to after wearing it for 24 hours. The only way i have seen to make it work is to uncheck it under magic items and do a permanent adjustment under the personal tab after 24 hours. Is this correct or am I "DOING IT WRONG" Heh. Any answer would be helpful. I started a post on piazo and it turned into a nerd fight and got faq'ed.

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...here&page=1#26
Basically by RAW rules the Headband of Vast Intellect is the only item that gives the skill bonus and only to a hard coded skill that is set at the time of crafting the magic item. This is suppose to stop people from putting on and taking off the headband to change which skill you get to have ranks in.

I have never seen an official answer on the other items in the game that give a Int boost. So I am sure HL is coded to not give any skill ranks then.

So yes if your group has decided it does work that way then putting in the Adjustment like you did is currently the best option.

Your group could also use the editor to change the item and do a Replace ID so that your new version would override the base HL item. But the adjustment is the easiest method.

P.S. - Not discussing which interpretation is actually correct just how HL would have done it without an official errata/FAQ about it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #73
Adam.Ormond

Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
On page 555, it says this:
Quote:
Permanent Bonuses: Ability bonuses with a duration
greater than 1 day actually
increase the relevant ability
score after 24 hours. Modify all skills and statistics related
to that ability. This might cause you to gain skill points,
hit points, and other bonuses. These bonuses should be
noted separately in case they are removed.
Isn't this the "General Rule"? Headband of Vast Intelligence talks about defining skills upon creation, which is an exception. Ioun stones do not.

I think HeroLab should be granting new skill points. It'd also be pants if HeroLab provided a mechanism to 'separately note how those new skill points are used'.

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; June 2nd, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #74
ShadowChemosh

Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.Ormond View Post
On page 555, it says this:
It is critical to understand that the section on Permanent Ability Increases on Page 555 encompasses more than one method of increasing an ability score. What became all the rage on the Paizo boards is that folks started considering that passage only in the context of Ability Increasing Items, and ignoring that the passage also has to apply to Wishes and Tomes.

Any ways this issue has been around sense 2008 and still no errata or FAQ on the issue. So it's up to each DM to rule and a simple adjustment in HL can be used to solve the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #75
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 3rd, 2011, 03:40 AM
Feather Token, Anchor instead reads "Feather Anchor, Anchor."
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #76
HowwwwL

Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Expanded Arcana Feat. This is supposed to allow you to choose another spell at a level not greater than the highest level spell you can cast. You have the option of choosing 2 spells at one level lower than your highest casting spell.

When I choose this at level 5 for a Summoner, it is forcing me to choose a level 0 spell instead of a level 2 spell. If I check the box to try and get 2 spells instead of one at one level less, it requires me to choose two level 0's instead of level 1's.

Two things wrong with this feat.
HowwwwL is offline   #77
JerkyGunner

Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
It seems there is no option to purchase a locked gauntlet in either the Weapons/Armour/Gear sections.
JerkyGunner is offline   #78
graywulfe

Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
A while back I posted a bug about the Common Language not showing up. I figured out the problem. It was a problem on my end.
graywulfe is offline   #79
blzbob

Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Bracers of armor should not grant their special abilities if worn with armor.
blzbob is offline   #80
Closed Thread