Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Katt De Grey

Old May 27th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Found another thread and folowed the instructions there.
Deleted some user files I had downloaded from the other great sites and now all is wonderful once again.

Sorry to have bothered the community and Thank you all agian for all of the work you do for those of us who are somewhat computer challenged :-)
Katt De Grey is offline   #221 Reply With Quote
David Haller

Old May 27th, 2012, 06:46 AM
New user here!

So, I'm unsure whether it's a *bug* per se so much as a menu design or usability issue, but:

My first two characters designed with HL are a sorcerer and an inquisitor, both *human*. There's a human favored-class bonus which allows, for these classes (as well as other spontaneous-cast classes) an added spell-known per level, spell to be one level lower that the max level castable.

In neither class - sorcerer or inquisitor - does the bonus spell menu seem to work.

Initially, at any level it will only offer zero-level spells. Now, reading the (somewhat unclear) instructions, one must add the feature each-for-each, then go to in-play to tweak the level, then come back and add it (or something; it's confusing). The fact is, it simply doesn't work, and strikes me as a coding issue (I say this because the feature seems to be a modular issue affecting all spontaneously-casting classes which have the favored-class bonus available).

What *should* happen is that the menu should refer to the class level of bonus selection and offer spell levels accordningly; so - to use a sorcerer as an example - at levels 1, 2 and 3 the favored-class bonus menu should offer +1 hit point, +1 skill point and bonus spell: 0; at level 4, it should offer +1 hit point, skill point, bonus spell: 0 and bonus spell:1; at 10th the bonus hit point, skill point, and bonus spells 0,1,2,3 and 4 (all separate entries, and so on.

(I know it's a known issue, but it seems persistently unresolved - and not too difficult TOO solve - so I mention it again )

DH
David Haller is offline   #222 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 27th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Haller View Post
New user here!

So, I'm unsure whether it's a *bug* per se so much as a menu design or usability issue, but:

My first two characters designed with HL are a sorcerer and an inquisitor, both *human*. There's a human favored-class bonus which allows, for these classes (as well as other spontaneous-cast classes) an added spell-known per level, spell to be one level lower that the max level castable.

In neither class - sorcerer or inquisitor - does the bonus spell menu seem to work.

Initially, at any level it will only offer zero-level spells. Now, reading the (somewhat unclear) instructions, one must add the feature each-for-each, then go to in-play to tweak the level, then come back and add it (or something; it's confusing). The fact is, it simply doesn't work, and strikes me as a coding issue (I say this because the feature seems to be a modular issue affecting all spontaneously-casting classes which have the favored-class bonus available).

What *should* happen is that the menu should refer to the class level of bonus selection and offer spell levels accordningly; so - to use a sorcerer as an example - at levels 1, 2 and 3 the favored-class bonus menu should offer +1 hit point, +1 skill point and bonus spell: 0; at level 4, it should offer +1 hit point, skill point, bonus spell: 0 and bonus spell:1; at 10th the bonus hit point, skill point, and bonus spells 0,1,2,3 and 4 (all separate entries, and so on.

(I know it's a known issue, but it seems persistently unresolved - and not too difficult TOO solve - so I mention it again )

DH
Try answer 2 in the FAQ. Should help you out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #223 Reply With Quote
Jeff Wilder

Old May 27th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Doing a portfolio for Jade Regent 2, and noticed these:

Werebear hybrid (and animal) form is Large, should be Medium. (Based on black bear, not brown or dire bear.)

Spider Eater Perception of +15 is flagged as invalid. (This seems to be a violation in the Bestiary, since Spider Eater isn't listed with a racial bonus to Perception. Still, it shouldn't be flagged in HL, but instead added in with an Adjustment.)

Executioner's Hood Climb skill is only +8, should be +13.

"Customize" doesn't remove existing feats, even though they don't appear in the list. (E.g., Ogre Mage and Combat Expertise (still on In-Play), or Blindheim and Dodge (still calculated in AC).) I suspect that pre-existing values are kept somewhere, so that they can be re-added should the Customize checkbox be unchecked, but these values are still affecting new choices.

--
Jeff Wilder - San Francisco Bay Area
Currently GMing Pathfinder 1E
And if you bore me, you lose your soul to me. - Belly
Jeff Wilder is offline   #224 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Urban Ranger archetype gives this error when chosen:

Tag 'ClassSkill.skHandAnim' not defined
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script 'Most Archetype Changes') near line 78
blzbob is offline   #225 Reply With Quote
prototype00

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Is the Qinggong Monk supposed to replace all the abilities listed in the archetype? I thought it was a pick and choose kind of thing according to the Paizo boards?

prototype00
prototype00 is offline   #226 Reply With Quote
prototype00

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Also, why is it not possible to get shields made out of adamantine as it is all other weapons (as shields are both weapons and armor)? The program is also stopping me from main handing a heavy steel shield (as my primary weapon) and off handing a light weapon as a two weapon fighting ranger, is this prohibited by the rules?
prototype00 is offline   #227 Reply With Quote
harmor

Old May 28th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Varisian Tatoo does not add the spell-like ability in the `In-Play`
Source: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/genera...arisian-tattoo

It would be nice to show the +1 caster level somewhere in the `Spell` tab.

This was mentioned here previously back in 2008:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...atoo#post25062
harmor is offline   #228 Reply With Quote
derf

Old May 28th, 2012, 05:56 PM
The "Watching Taldor" trait displays the correct information, but doesn't add the +1 bonus to initiative and doesn't even list that portion of the trait in the printed character sheet.
derf is offline   #229 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Hi Guys,

When are you going to complete the spell descriptions.

As this is not a print book, is it possible to have the full spell description associated with a spell instead of "See other spell".

Example of Invisibility and Greater Invisibility.

If you only have greater invisibility in your spellbook, then you don't have the spell description as it is only in invisibility.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #230 Reply With Quote