Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MelesSqr

Old January 25th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Please allow the iPad application to rotate to landscape orientation.
MelesSqr is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Genthar

Old January 26th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Copied from: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51984 per Aaron's request.

A few things I'd love to see in a future release of HL on the iPad:

1) Spell damage/healing dice. Like weapons attack and damage, it would be nice to roll your spell penetration/damage/healing right in the app. Channeling would also be a good one to have in there as well. Similar to the way the weapon attacks are done.
2) A dice roller. Like the one on the desktop version, this would be a good thing to have. Often you need to roll a d20 or d100 for GM randomness, and you can't do that in-app.

Jason
Genthar is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
HavocXIII

Old January 30th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Is there anyway to add in the bbcode that Paizo's website uses for the stats readout on the iPad? I know the computer version allows it but not as far as I can tell the iPad version.
HavocXIII is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 8th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Suggestion from one of my players yesterday, that would be very good to see (but will likely be a bit of a headache to code, though I may have a play).

Would it be possible to get a tick box for magic items to denote that they are unidentified/identified, so that unidentified items can just state "Unidentified Amulet, DC 23" or similar?

With the fact a lot of people seem to use loot files in HL for handing out party treasure, it would allow players to track what has not been identified without knowing what the end item is.

Another suggestion: can we get this thread stickied?
Portilis is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old February 9th, 2015, 07:14 PM
I had thought about that as well, but might be pretty hard to not just implement, but use. What's to prevent a player from 'accidentally' checking the identified checkbox and getting the spoiler?
Fuzzy is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 9th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I would like to see if the windows in HL be adjustable, particularly the left main tab window. That is currently a fixed width. I think it would be nice to be able to fill the entire HL space if no summary windows are displayed.
Krothos is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 10th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I had thought about that as well, but might be pretty hard to not just implement, but use. What's to prevent a player from 'accidentally' checking the identified checkbox and getting the spoiler?
That is really down to the individual game. Personally, I don't have an issue with it - at the moment, with no availability of it, tracking loot that has been picked up but not identified is a bit of a nightmare - you can either just hand out a loot file and hope the players are honest about it, or you have to track everything they're carrying that isn't sorted.

In the end, there's nothing to prevent it, but at the same time, if you can't trust your players not to cheat, that's a whole new can of worms.

I've coded an adjustment for it for now, with intent to go to a mechanic. Unfortunately, doing more detail than "Unidentified ring", "Unidentified footwear", etc will indeed be a lot of work, and even then the only way to get a description that'll be correct every time would be to have a field in the item listing the base appearance.
Portilis is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 10th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portilis View Post
That is really down to the individual game. Personally, I don't have an issue with it - at the moment, with no availability of it, tracking loot that has been picked up but not identified is a bit of a nightmare - you can either just hand out a loot file and hope the players are honest about it, or you have to track everything they're carrying that isn't sorted.

In the end, there's nothing to prevent it, but at the same time, if you can't trust your players not to cheat, that's a whole new can of worms.

I've coded an adjustment for it for now, with intent to go to a mechanic. Unfortunately, doing more detail than "Unidentified ring", "Unidentified footwear", etc will indeed be a lot of work, and even then the only way to get a description that'll be correct every time would be to have a field in the item listing the base appearance.
What I do is the players put in a "- Custom Magic Item -" and list it as "Magic Item XXXXXX". where "XXXX" is usually the Page number or Encounter ID value or any other "unique ID" to represent this item. Then when it gets identified they replace the custom magic item with the real one. Wouldn't that be easier to do and work with what is currently available.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old February 10th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
What I do is the players put in a "- Custom Magic Item -" and list it as "Magic Item XXXXXX". where "XXXX" is usually the Page number or Encounter ID value or any other "unique ID" to represent this item. Then when it gets identified they replace the custom magic item with the real one. Wouldn't that be easier to do and work with what is currently available.
That would of course, work - its just a matter of what is the optimal solution. I suggested many years ago the ability to have a portfolio reference a character from another file - this would be, frankly, and awesome setup, if it was implemented - it would allow each player to have a portfolio set up that includes just their own character (plus companions/minions/etc), and then also allow the GM to have a portfolio that contains everything. It would require dirty file detection and auto-saving to actually work - but imagine the possibilities.

All files are accessed from a shared source.
GM has a portfolio with all characters, good or bad, plus loot characters, etc.
Each player's portfolio only shows their own characters.
When a state/pick is changed on a character, no matter while user is looking at it, the change is saved out automatically, and the change detected by the others who have it open, and it is refreshed there.
This would allow near-simultaneous viewing by the GM if live stats, inventories, skills, etc. It would allow moving items between characters from locations the players cannot necessarily see (like a special store of unidentified items, for this particular use case).
Fuzzy is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Currently an administrative headache, as (largely due to necessity as our playerbase is spread across a few hundred miles) we run full weekenders, going through about 2/3 - 3/4 of an AP book over each weekend. The sheer quantity of items that get picked up over that time make it a pain to try to track without being able to import stuff directly.
Portilis is offline   #40 Reply With Quote