Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Belafon

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
I recently tried to make a masterwork meteor hammer, and hero labs isnt showing an option to get the AC bonus for using the weapon in fortress mode. It shows the shield AC option if the weapon is just a vanilla Meteor Hammer, but it doesn't for masterwork or magical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonfey View Post
Actually, it has the "trip" special quality.
Also, If you take a close look, you have two buttons on the weapon. One "both" for the two-handed mode and one "double" for use as a double weapon. If you click "both" only, you can activate the entry in the armor section like a normal shield.

So, the weapon works fine...
I was getting ready to reply to the above post with this but I can't replicate your solution. I choose "both" only, but no option for the meteor hammer is showing up in the armor tab. I wonder if this is some relation to the Monk's Robe bug? (Sometimes you get the proper AC bonus, sometimes it's one less than it should be. It can vary each time you load herolabs, or even change just by adding or deleting an item.)

In any event, getting the shield bonus should not require a separate choice. The weapon description states "...in fortress mode you cannot use it as a double weapon but gain reach and a +1 shield bonus to AC." When you aren't using it as a double weapon, it should automatically give a +1 shield bonus.

Last edited by Belafon; January 31st, 2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Part of quoted post didn't display originally
Belafon is offline   #281
W3r3w0lf

Old January 31st, 2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belafon View Post
I was getting ready to reply to the above post with this but I can't replicate your solution. I choose "both" only, but no option for the meteor hammer is showing up in the armor tab. I wonder if this is some relation to the Monk's Robe bug? (Sometimes you get the proper AC bonus, sometimes it's one less than it should be. It can vary each time you load herolabs, or even change just by adding or deleting an item.)

In any event, getting the shield bonus should not require a separate choice. The weapon description states "...in fortress mode you cannot use it as a double weapon but gain reach and a +1 shield bonus to AC." When you aren't using it as a double weapon, it should automatically give a +1 shield bonus.
Thanks for the input, but the AC bonus from the meteor hammer is showing up as a Sheild AC bonus when i have the weapon equipped in both Only when I am using a non-masterwork version of the weapon.

If the weapon is added from the "Custom/masterwork/magical" weapons button, even if I don't make the weapon masterwork, the shield ac when wielding a meteor hammer in both hands is neither added automatically to my overall ac, nor is there a button to click on for the +1 to sheild AC in the armor tab. Should be, but isn't.
W3r3w0lf is offline   #282
W3r3w0lf

Old January 31st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Also, for the unarmed fighter archetype, the Dan Bong is not listed as a usable weapon, even though it is a monk weapon and the Unarmed Fighter is proficient with all monk weapons including exotic ones
W3r3w0lf is offline   #283
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 31st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Found a few issues with the Dragon Empire Primer:

1) The Sorcerer bloodline Oni is giving Intimidate which a sorcerer already has. Paizo is saying that it should be giving Disguise actually as its suppose to a be a skill the sorcerer does not already get as a class skill.

2) Vulpine Pounce feat is a Combat feat but is not marked as one.

3) Sword Saint archetype is removing "Cavalier's Charge" which a Samurai does not even get. The ability at level 4 to be replaced is Mounted Archer per the developer of the Archetype. Then "Brutal Slash" moves to level 4 to match.

4) White haired witch archetype. The White Hair says "At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, a white-haired witch's hair adds 5 feet to its reach, to a maximum of 30 feet at 20th level." So the *Hair* gains 5ft of reach but the current archetype adds 5 ft to the race. So at 4th level a human White Haired Witch is listed as having 10ft reach with every weapon they wield. Should only be with the hair.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 31st, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #284
Amalasan

Old February 1st, 2012, 07:34 AM
Pinned condition does not function correctly.

It does not apply a -4 penalty to AC as it should
It incorrectly applies the flat-footed condition - Paizo errata'd this out and changed it to "denies dex bonus" (flat footed != denies dex bonus (Opp attacks still possible with no dex bonus)).

This bug has been reported multiple times now, over the last few versions.
Amalasan is offline   #285
Aaron

Old February 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
1) The Sorcerer bloodline Oni is giving Intimidate which a sorcerer already has. Paizo is saying that it should be giving Disguise actually as its suppose to a be a skill the sorcerer does not already get as a class skill.

3) Sword Saint archetype is removing "Cavalier's Charge" which a Samurai does not even get. The ability at level 4 to be replaced is Mounted Archer per the developer of the Archetype. Then "Brutal Slash" moves to level 4 to match.
Are these part of the official errata or just forum posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
4) White haired witch archetype. The White Hair says "At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, a white-haired witch's hair adds 5 feet to its reach, to a maximum of 30 feet at 20th level." So the *Hair* gains 5 ft of reach but the current archetype adds 5 ft to the race. So at 4th level a human White Haired Witch is listed as having 10ft reach with every weapon they wield. Should only be with the hair.
The witch gets her hair as a primary natural attack that is constant. Thus at 4th level she threatens everyone within 10 ft, that is her reach, so that is what I did.
Aaron is offline   #286
ShadowChemosh

Old February 1st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Are these part of the official errata or just forum posts?
They are Forum Posts. We don't get official errata for the small 32 page books. But replacing the Cavalier ability that a Samurai does not get can't be correct. Also giving a skill bonus to a class that already gets that skill also can't be right.

But if you don't want to change it that is fine. I know these as I had manually already entered these classes and feats myself. So its why I noticed how they didn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The witch gets her hair as a primary natural attack that is constant. Thus at 4th level she threatens everyone within 10 ft, that is her reach, so that is what I did.
Correct the "hair" has 10ft reach. If I pick up a longsword I don't get 10ft reach though and the way its changing the "global" reach it would read that I have 10ft reach with all weapons not just my hair.

I changed the live name of the Hair to list the reach of the "hair" in the weapon section. That is how I solved the issue but that is me.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #287
Dwhelm

Old February 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belafon View Post
My interpretation is that they should. They are two different things even thought they do the same thing. Nothing specifically calls out that those two things do not stack. The Improved Damage Evolution also says "Select one natural attack form and increase the damage die type by one step." If you have multiple attacks of the same form (like claws) it should apply to all of them, not just one pair of claws. So... Bug Report!

No. Note the bold from the PRD:

You can, however, add a set of arms and then take the claws evolution a second time.
Hmmm...I have to disagree with your interpertation of the claws. When I read that I see that I can have the claw evolution for every Lims(legs) evolution I have. So in the quadrapeds case I should be egible for two claw evolutoins.

What do you think about the acid attack? Shouldn't it show up in the weapons area? Thanks for your input.
Dwhelm is offline   #288
frumple

Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
With Skill Focus and the adjustments for Skills you cannot select any of the Knowledge, Perform, Profession or Craft skills.

Never Mind.... Forgot you have to have the skill selected in the character before you assign the feat.

Last edited by frumple; February 2nd, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
frumple is offline   #289
ShadowChemosh

Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhelm View Post
What do you think about the acid attack? Shouldn't it show up in the weapons area? Thanks for your input.
If your asking about getting it to say +1d6 acid check the first question in the FAQ. Should help.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #290
Closed Thread