Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

senjak

Old July 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Hi,

I'm looking to a wider audience to see if anyone can suggest a fix for a problem I'm seeing with Monster races. I'm trying to duplicate the Pixie from Savage worlds, and I'm seeing the following error when I use xFly.
Attempt to access field 'cSpellExpr' that does not exist for thing 'mcPixie'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 7
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplBkExpr' that does not exist for thing 'mcPixie'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 8
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplScExpr' that does not exist for thing 'mcPixie'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 9
Can you suggest a way to just initialize the above variables so that the message goes away?

Thanks!

Senjak
senjak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 30th, 2013, 10:57 AM
senjak, this is a known error, there is little you can do to get around it, as there is no cSpellExpr, cSplBkExpr, or cSplScExpr on the Hero totals, they are all prefixed with a t. Until LWD fixes that error, there is no known solution.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old July 30th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Sadness, I was hoping that someone might have figured out how to define the three variables so that the error condition would be met.

Senjak
senjak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old August 3rd, 2014, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know if this error is even still on Lone Wolf's radar, or if there is now a work around?
senjak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senjak View Post
Does anyone know if this error is even still on Lone Wolf's radar, or if there is now a work around?
I can confirm not on my radar to work on as I didn't know it existed. As it was not reported in the bug report thread...

I can't find "mcPixie" in d20 files so it has to be a custom race. Can you tell me how to duplicate this issue or post the user file causing it? Right now I am not fully understanding why this error would ever appear.... Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 3rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
There is a mismatch in the HL code that tried to reference the wrong Spell Expression. I've reported it a few times, then eventually gave up on anything being done about it. On the races, it should be referencing the cSpellExpr on the Race (where it exists) rather than the Hero Totals. If it is indeed needing the reference the Hero Totals, that would be tSpellExpr. Pretty much what you said, but I know I've brought this up before (esp. considering races such as the Solar which use Domains), and I ended up doing a hack (which I want to get rid of when this is 'fixed').

I believe that correct procedure is for the race's cSpellExpr to be referenced, but I'm not privy to the inner workings of HL. Even explicitly changing the cSpellExpr and/or the tSpellExpr to what you need doesn't work. Whatever procedure that HL is invoking on the Race, it's doing it incorrectly.

To put the problem succinctly, if you need to add Domain spells or add additional spell lists (rather than the single class of spells) to a Race, you end up with this error. You can duplicate this by trying to add a Domain to the Solar through the spell expression field.

Let me know if you need anymore info. I'm more than willing to help out if it ends up fixing this. Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 28th, 2014, 03:57 PM
So this is happening only for "Monster Classes" correct? I tried the Solar (Race) from the community set and it seems to be working fine. Only the Savage Species Pixie tossed the error and I have that fixed.

So if its happening for a monster other than a "Monster Class" one I would appreciate a .user file that has the issue. This way I can just load it up and see the exact error.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 28th, 2014, 04:41 PM
No, not for the monster classes. For the races. Some races, such as the solar, can have Domains. If you try to add a domain to the SpellExpr for a race, you get the error. Try adding any Domain to the Solar's Spell Expr under it's spellcasting and you will get this error.

Does that help?
Kendall-DM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 28th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
No, not for the monster classes. For the races. Some races, such as the solar, can have Domains. If you try to add a domain to the SpellExpr for a race, you get the error. Try adding any Domain to the Solar's Spell Expr under it's spellcasting and you will get this error.

Does that help?
Um not really. I have no "solar" in the base package to work with. And I am really not getting what you mean by adding a Domain? The only place I have been able to replicate the issue is with Monster Classes.

If you have a "solar" that tosses this error can you share the .user file with me or tell me how to change the one in the Community package? Be easier then me to trying to "create" the issue and then fix it. Sorry I am being dense I am just missing something...

For the .user file feel free to email at my forum user id at yahoo dot com. Or attach it here on a post.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 29th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Um not really. I have no "solar" in the base package to work with. And I am really not getting what you mean by adding a Domain? The only place I have been able to replicate the issue is with Monster Classes.

If you have a "solar" that tosses this error can you share the .user file with me or tell me how to change the one in the Community package? Be easier then me to trying to "create" the issue and then fix it. Sorry I am being dense I am just missing something...

For the .user file feel free to email at my forum user id at yahoo dot com. Or attach it here on a post.

Thanks
I'll whip up a simple example that should work as a demonstration. I don't really ever use Monster Classes myself, just the Races. I'll get it to you this weekend sometime (at work now).
Kendall-DM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote