Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

mirtexxan

Old April 11th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I'd like to have more "filter" options, when I select an option for my hero.
E.g., when selecting Feats, I'd like to display alla combat feats, all general feats, all feats from CRB, etc. I'd also like to display spells form a particular school or a particular level.
I'd like also to search for regular expressions when selecting option (e.g. a feat or spell which name BEGINS with the letter A, etc.).
mirtexxan is offline   #81
bodrin

Old April 11th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtexxan View Post
I'd like to have more "filter" options, when I select an option for my hero.
E.g., when selecting Feats, I'd like to display alla combat feats, all general feats, all feats from CRB, etc. I'd also like to display spells form a particular school or a particular level.
I'd like also to search for regular expressions when selecting option (e.g. a feat or spell which name BEGINS with the letter A, etc.).
You can do most of those things already.

Type [earth] to search for any earth descriptor spells. Likewise for any other kind of school.

Type Advanced Players Guide to show that books feats.

Try it and see.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #82
Dwayne

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM
It would be nice to add a Nightmare as a mount.
Dwayne is offline   #83
AntHover

Old April 15th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
You can do most of those things already.

Type [earth] to search for any earth descriptor spells. Likewise for any other kind of school.

Type Advanced Players Guide to show that books feats.

Try it and see.
Doesn't help if you want multiple search phrases though.
I can search weapons for light and I can search for monk but unless I'm missing a magical phrase I can't search for light and monk at the same time.
So, whilst I probably wouldn't go for regexp like mirtexxan suggested, some method of multiple search phrases (logical operators or multiple search boxes) would be a boon to the software.
AntHover is offline   #84
Toddington

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Has anything been done to make spells a tracked resource?
Toddington is offline   #85
DKenady

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Can't you just do a "Stock" import of the creature into your portfolio then you could easily use the dashboard to switch to it and apply feats like "Augment Summoning" and stuff.
That is one way, but it is very time consuming and limited in the ammount of shapes you can change into. It is useul to the most common shapes, but at times you might want to change into something different. But when you change level and Items, you would have to change ALL forms and not by one click of the button.

I have also found that I can use the background and change Race to the animal I want. But this changes all the stats and skills and not just those that Wild Shape would normally change. But this will also add modifiers that may not be added while in WildShape, Like armor worn or Items held.

I was thinking that a change form tab would be very helpful for Druid's, Lycanthrops and anyother that would morph into a different race or form.

127.0.0.1, There is no place like home.
DKenady is offline   #86
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKenady View Post
That is one way, but it is very time consuming and limited in the ammount of shapes you can change into. It is useul to the most common shapes, but at times you might want to change into something different. But when you change level and Items, you would have to change ALL forms and not by one click of the button.
You did catch that I was giving an answer to "Summon" not to wild shape right?

In that case being able to simply import the Summon creature into your Portfolio will give you all the stats for the summoned creature. On the "adjust" tab there is a even the feat "Augmented Summoning" coded. Allowing you to just apply that feat to your summoned creature.

There is no good way yet to do Wildshape or any of the more complex Polymorph spells.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #87
harmor

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:03 AM

Would like a new Summary Window that shows all the modifiers to your character, including penalties.

Sometimes I think something will "stack" but it doesn't and so I either waste my time in-game purchasing something only to find out it doesn't stack or if it does I happened to already have something that gave as good or better bonus.

Thanks for considering this.
harmor is offline   #88
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:18 AM
I've seen the thread asking for new features, and participated in it. However, working as a developer on the receiving end of similar requests about the tools I support, I know that in my company we have found that the requests for features often mask the real problems. We have struggled with the requests sometimes for various reasons. Often, those struggles come from the request conflicting with where we see the product going, but we also know that the users are having some legitimate difficulty using it. If they told us the problem and let us propose solutions, in some cases it might be better.

So, with that in mind, I decided to post a list of "trouble spots" where the tool just doesn't quite work for me as I need it to.

Context: Running a Play-By-eMail game in which the GM does all record keeping.

Using HeroLab as a GM is different than using it as a player, and knowing how it is being used when these issues crop up can be a huge help in dealing with them.
Silveras is offline   #89
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Context: Running a Play-By-eMail game in which the GM does all record keeping.
Rule set: Pathfinder.
Issue 1: Attacks of Opportunity
Description: Keeping track of which creatures have or have not used their Attacks of Opportunity requires me to remember it. In the case of a creature with Combat Reflexes, There is no indicator on the Tactical Display to show that a creature does or does not have any more to use.
Silveras is offline   #90
Closed Thread