Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or not, I have a 4 armed race, Thri-kreen, and the extra arms can be used to hold, use and throw weapons, but for some reason hero lab only shows me two sets of useable hands for equipping items even though I specified the race has 4. How do I get hero lab to account for the extra hands?
RavenX is offline   #631
ValaraukarU

Old November 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or not, I have a 4 armed race, Thri-kreen, and the extra arms can be used to hold, use and throw weapons, but for some reason hero lab only shows me two sets of useable hands for equipping items even though I specified the race has 4. How do I get hero lab to account for the extra hands?
You should be able to add the extra weapons as 2nd hand attacks up to the maximum number. See the Merilith in the Bestiary for an example. Note the Multiweapon Mastery racial ability for improving the off hand fighting.

I successfully did this with the Beatific One from the CotCT Bestiary available here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...tions/hero-lab

Last edited by ValaraukarU; November 1st, 2011 at 07:29 PM.
ValaraukarU is offline   #632
demosthenes777

Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
There are a couple of issues I am having since using Hero Lab to make NPCs and advanced monsters for my home game, and also having issues when trying to make 1st-lvl PFS characters for an up-coming convention.

1st off, I have the box to not print unarmed attacks checked as a default as most of the things I am making with Hero Lab would never use an unarmed attack, but Hero Lab still prints out the unarmed attacks no matter what I do.

2nd, with creating PFS characters, I made sure I had the PFS box checked and went to create a 1st-lvl Chiurgeon Crypt-Breaker Alchemist (I have all PFRPG data packs plus PFCS#6 with Inner Sea Magic), and for some reason the Crypt-Breaker Alchemist archetype isn't getting rid of the Extra Bombs feat like it is supposed to (since the archetype replaces Brew Potion, and PFS replaces Brew Potion with Extra Bombs); also for some reason the warnings thing is stating that 2 classes are replacing Mutagen, when only 1 thing (Crypt-Breaker archetype) is replacing Mutagen class feature.
demosthenes777 is offline   #633
Kaleb

Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Mathais when even I try to make a weapon intelligent and add an aligntment to the weapon I get an errror message
Existence tagexpr for pick 'aLawGood' is scheduled after primary condition test is scheduled

Is this because the Intelligent Magic weapon portion is broken?

On a side note are you working on implementing the Blackblade for the blade bound Magus archtype form Ultimate Magic.

In an earlyer post on hte above subject you said you were going to have to redo
that protion of hte program because it was hard coded. When you redo that portion could you add to the editor?
Kaleb is offline   #634
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old November 3rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
I found this in the greater command spell: Language-Dependant s/b Language-Dependent. I confirmed this with the core rules as well. I'd recommend that this be corrected in all HL content. I also looked this up on the web because I was curious about the difference:

Explanation:
Some dictionaries indicate that "dependent" and "dependant" are synonyms. However, other dictionaries indicate that the preferred use of "dependent" is as an adjective and that the preferred use of "dependant" is as a noun. One way to remember this distinction is to think of "confidant", which is a noun, versus "confident", which is an adjective.

Solution:
Use "dependent" when you’re modifying a noun to indicate contingent or relying on something or someone else; use "dependant" when you’re talking about a person who relies on or is supported by another.

Not being all preachy, just info.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #635
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
- Blind-Fight: ....usual +2 bonus for being invisible. The onvisible attacker's bonuses...
- Detect Magic: or 15 + 1/2 caster level for a nonspell effect.) If the aura eminates (s/b emanates)
- Inflict Moderate Wounds, Mass: This spell functions like mass inflict light ...... level (maximum +30). ict Serious Wounds
- Quicken Spell-Like Ability: ......it uses a quickened spelllike ability.
- Awesome Blow: ......the creature may perform an awesome blow combat manuever. (s/b maneuver)
- Multiattack: ......NormalWithout this feat, the creature's secondary......
- A piscodaemon's claws threaten a critical hit on an 18-20 and inf lict ×3
- Demon, Quasit (Cause Fear 30ft radius (1/day) (Sp)): As the spell. Caster level 6th, DC 11. Oncer per day.
- Once per hour, a vrock can emit a shrill screech. All creatures except demons within a 30-footradius spread

AWizardInDallas

Last edited by AWizardInDallas; November 4th, 2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Adding another...
AWizardInDallas is offline   #636
Belafon

Old November 4th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Feat: Guided Hand is not working properly when your deity's favorite weapon is a ranged weapon. It works fine for melee weapons, but for ranged weapons it appears to be using the sum of (Inverse of Strength Mod + Dex Mod + Wis Mod + BAB) as your attack modifier.
-That's what the weapon summary column shows. The Weapons tab and printouts may show different numbers depending on the actual stats.

Edit:
And the feat description in the Special tab and printouts seems to be giving different numbers for melee and ranged for some reason.

Example:
Attached Files
File Type: email Abadar.por (110.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Belafon; November 4th, 2011 at 05:06 AM.
Belafon is offline   #637
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Book: Advanced Players Guide
Name: Witch's Hex "Evil Eye"
ThingID: cWitEvilEy
Issue: The description for the hex is missing the 2nd to last line that says "This is a mind-affecting effect." which is pretty important for the types of creatures the hex can affect.

Book: Ultimate Magic
Name: Witch's Hex "Poison Steep"
ThingID: cWitPoiSte
Issue: The "The witch must have the cauldron hex to select this hex." prerequisite does not appear to be working.

Book: Ultimate Magic
Name: Witch's Hex "Prehensile Hair"
ThingID: cWitPreHai
Issue: The natural attack that gets added to the character is not calculating its Attack and Damage based on the witch's Intelligence score.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #638
Provos

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Should the weight for a medium mounts saddle be the same as a large mounts? It should be half the weight but it shows up as the same. It can be a real problem with mount encumbrance. If this is an error can it be fixed?
Provos is offline   #639
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Creating a Level 5 Mystery of Metal Oracle. Size Tiny, Move: 20' with the Armory Mastery and Dance of the Blades Mysteries.

When I equip a metal weapon (a dagger or an Ironwood cestus) his move speed remains at 20'. It should increase to 30' with a metal weapon equipped. It doesn't increase when a normal dagger is equipped, either.

When I equip a +1 Comfort Vital Guard Breastplate his move speed is reduced to 15'. It should remain 20' (30' with his metal weapons equipped). Deleting the Vital Guard property restores his movement to 20', so it would appear that the problem lies in that property.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #640
Closed Thread