Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

morval

Old November 25th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Haste and Natural Attacks. Not sure what the official ruling is on this, have read both for and against. But have you thought of adding a Haste: Natural Attack. You would specify which natural attack gets the extra attack.

Right now Herolab doesn't add an extra attack with natural attacks. Would be nice to be able to specify which one got it so you don't forget when in battle and you turn on Haste.

Thanks,

Konrad
morval is offline   #401
morval

Old November 25th, 2014, 09:46 PM
I hope its OK to put suggestions here. I've got one more I'd love. There are so many bonuses to remember in combat!

Flanking, Menacing, and Outflank. It would be nice to have a condition for Menacing and Outflank you could turn on so you don't have to remember to add it. If they were a subset of flanking it would be even better Can only be enabled when flanking is enabled or something like that. Outflank only enabled when you actually have outflank.

Thanks!

Konrad
morval is offline   #402
Fuzzy

Old November 26th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I believe Combat States, like outflank would be, can't be show/not shown based on having a feat, so if you create/add an outflank state, it will always be there for every character. I did create one that was pretty simple (search recent forum posts for Outflank). When enabled, it adds its bonus to the bonus that the Flanking state provides. If you just click outflank, it does nothing.
Fuzzy is offline   #403
morval

Old November 26th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I believe Combat States, like outflank would be, can't be show/not shown based on having a feat, so if you create/add an outflank state, it will always be there for every character. I did create one that was pretty simple (search recent forum posts for Outflank). When enabled, it adds its bonus to the bonus that the Flanking state provides. If you just click outflank, it does nothing.
Cool. Al I did was add three adjustments all +2 to melee weapons. Flank/Outflank/Menacing. So I just remember to not use the flank condition. Then I checkmark the three adjustments that are applicable. Should work, I just gotta remember.
morval is offline   #404
nullPointer

Old November 26th, 2014, 12:03 PM
You could look at how crowd control is setup on the urban barbarian archetype for barbarian
nullPointer is offline   #405
Mystic Lemur

Old November 26th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
I've got an Eidolon with natural attack Bite, snatch, and a amulet of mighty fists +1. In Herolab Basics it says his CMB is +29 and his Grapple is 33 (+4). All good. If I add your Weapon: CMB adjustment with a 0 as a test it lists a CMB for that weapon as 29, but it should be one higher because of the amulet, shouldn't it? If I add the grappled condition it goes down by two (this is where I need a specific adjustment for weapon: Grapple CMB so it knows not to do a -2 when grappling). If I checkmark magic fang Bite +3 the bite attack goes up, but the Bite CMB doesn't.

Thanks for such awesome addons to Herolab!

Konrad
Grapple is not an attack that benefits from having an enhanced weapon. I know you're talking about a natural weapon/unarmed strike and an AoMF, but the RAW does not provide for the bonus applying to grapple.

You could certainly add grapple to the list of adjustments in the script, but that would be a house rule.

Last edited by Mystic Lemur; November 26th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #406
morval

Old November 27th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Grapple is not an attack that benefits from having an enhanced weapon. I know you're talking about a natural weapon/unarmed strike and an AoMF, but the RAW does not provide for the bonus applying to grapple.

You could certainly add grapple to the list of adjustments in the script, but that would be a house rule.
I had a look through the paizo forums and the FAQ, I never realized a natural weapon with a bonus wouldn't get its bonus when grappling. Seems silly, if its easier to hit in melee, why not easier to snatch an opponent up, but thats fine I'll go with it. Just seems it would be much simpler if there weren't so many exceptions.

Thanks!
morval is offline   #407
morval

Old November 27th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Quote:

It still would be good to have a Grapple Weapon: CMB adjustment since when you set the grapple condition that weapon's CMB shouldn't go down by two when its the weapon you are using to grapple (Bite).
morval is offline   #408
morval

Old November 27th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Quote:

Hmm, I gotta research more, but from reading the Paizo FAQ Blog it looks like if you are doing the grapple as a free action due to the Grab ability/Snatch Feat then you do get all your weapons bonuses on your grapple check. At least that's what it seemed like, but there are lots of pages to wade through on that one! Its an exception, but it makes sense I think.

Something else I never noticed, luckily I don't do a lot of CM's. But in Herolab, spells like Divine favor, divine power, and Heroism don't add to your CMB, Sunder, etc. So you have to manually remember to add the bonuses. And yet Haste does add the bonus. All those spells add a +1 to attack rolls (different typed with Haste being untyped).
morval is offline   #409
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Quote:
First off, your adjustments are awesome as usual. Not sure if requests are taken in this thread? This might even be doable already since there are so many things in Herolab and your adjustments, but I've tried and couldn't find it.

I would like to show a weapons CMB for a certain maneuver type with the weapon. I see you have it, but I'm not sure it works the way I thought weapon CMB works, maybe I'm wrong on that? Here is an example.

I've got an Eidolon with natural attack Bite, snatch, and a amulet of mighty fists +1. In Herolab Basics it says his CMB is +29 and his Grapple is 33 (+4). All good. If I add your Weapon: CMB adjustment with a 0 as a test it lists a CMB for that weapon as 29, but it should be one higher because of the amulet, shouldn't it? If I add the grappled condition it goes down by two (this is where I need a specific adjustment for weapon: Grapple CMB so it knows not to do a -2 when grappling). If I checkmark magic fang Bite +3 the bite attack goes up, but the Bite CMB doesn't.

Edit: after another user mentioned you don't get attack bonuses on grapple checks I did some research. This is correct except for one exception. If the grapple check was part of an attack that has the grab ability. Then the attack's bonuses apply. Magic fang and or Amulet of mighty fists along with Haste, Prayer, etc. should all apply.
And I really think a Weapon: Grapple CMB adjustment would be useful so that when applying the grapple condition the CMB for that specific weapon doesn't go down -2.

Thanks for such awesome addons to Herolab!

Konrad
I will look into this for the next release thanks for the info. But the official answer is that the above does not apply. If a Amulet of Mighty Fists which is always on does not work I don't see why a temp spell would.

I will see about adding something for those that disagree. As long as I put a note that its not official it should be fine.

Quote:
Haste and Natural Attacks. Not sure what the official ruling is on this, have read both for and against. But have you thought of adding a Haste: Natural Attack. You would specify which natural attack gets the extra attack.

Right now Herolab doesn't add an extra attack with natural attacks. Would be nice to be able to specify which one got it so you don't forget when in battle and you turn on Haste.
This is a good point actually. One natural attack is to get an extra attack from Haste. I can't find the official rule right now but I know it exists.

Quote:
I hope its OK to put suggestions here. I've got one more I'd love. There are so many bonuses to remember in combat!

Flanking, Menacing, and Outflank. It would be nice to have a condition for Menacing and Outflank you could turn on so you don't have to remember to add it. If they were a subset of flanking it would be even better Can only be enabled when flanking is enabled or something like that. Outflank only enabled when you actually have outflank.
Suggestions here are totally fine. Good ideas I will take a look for next release.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #410
Closed Thread