Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dstack1776

Old August 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hmm the errata discussion reminds me of some debates we had way back in our last 3.5 game... :-)

It looks like this isn't working:
Code:
foreach pick in hero from Ability where "AddReq.ArmorNone"
  perform eachpick.delete[AddReq.ArmorNone]
  nexteach
Is it possible that doing this as a prelevel activity is causing it to be dropped as a result of the FinalPhase adding of armor? I wouldn't think so, but this is pretty new to me.
dstack1776 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 15th, 2011, 03:31 PM
First off, thanks for the tutorial. I am entering in a lot for Pathfinder and actually going through the process is helping me immensely.

EDIT: Disregard....I found the User Tag section and all is working well now!

Second, I am having an issue when it comes to the Composite Plating. when I go to test the plating, I get an error reading Thing 'arWFPlate"(dynamic tag) - Invalid Unique ID.

Also, when you said to add the 'WFArmor' to the User Tags...I assume you mean to the Tags. Should this have a group ID?

Tried making the Composite plating from scratch 3x now...

Last edited by tatteredking; March 15th, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
tatteredking is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 15th, 2011, 03:56 PM
OK trying to add in the Adamantine Body.

Created a Copy of the Composite plating and put all the modifications in. I came to put the Expr-req in and it didn't line the 'validif'. I removed it and the parenthesis and it accepted it. Not sure if it will work when I actually get into Hero Lab, but we'll find out now, won't we
tatteredking is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old May 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Mathias,

Nevermind -- saw your comment on the 3rd page. I'm still unclear what the difference is between Final and Final (Users).

I think I understand all of this except for the Timing bit ... the Timing UI I see doesn't seem to match the values you're suggesting. Are these values supposed to be set in the Phase and Priority fields, and not in the "Timing" section? If so, what does Final refer to? Final Phase or Final Phase (Users)?

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; May 6th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.Ormond View Post
Mathias,

Nevermind -- saw your comment on the 3rd page. I'm still unclear what the difference is between Final and Final (Users).

I think I understand all of this except for the Timing bit ... the Timing UI I see doesn't seem to match the values you're suggesting. Are these values supposed to be set in the Phase and Priority fields, and not in the "Timing" section? If so, what does Final refer to? Final Phase or Final Phase (Users)?
When Mathias says Timing he means Phase and Priority actually. If I understand things correctly the "Timing" blue button was added later into Pathfinder which can cause some confusion with old posts that refer to Phase/Priority as Timing.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Rocketmoose

Old August 5th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Sorry for reviving this thread. Any help on making the Warforged armor a selectable Racial Ability, ie it has a dropdown list allowing you to select the default +2, +5 and +8 armors on the Background screen while also equipping it for the character? Or is that too much or too complicated.

Main reason I ask is that I don't want my players to have to choose their armor as a feat and it just seems cleaner to do it all in the background tab. Thanks!

Edit: Additionally, how does one add in alternate favored class bonuses to custom races? A link or quick explanation would be great! There's a lot I still don't understand about the Hero Lab

Last edited by Rocketmoose; August 5th, 2011 at 10:47 PM.
Rocketmoose is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
So a few steps to do what you are asking which is why it took me so long to answer. In this case I am going to explain how to add the Adamantine Body Feat as a selectable race option. Once added it will add a customizable suite of armor that can then get configured with magical options if you want.

1st - Armor Tab
Go to "Armor" tab and create a new armor and give it the stats you want. The important things to do are Check Mark "Always Equipped" & "Don't generate pre-requisite".
Do a "Test Now!" to compile and your new Thing.

2nd - Armor, Magic Tab
Go to the "Armor, Magic" tab.
Do a New (Copy) against Adamantine Breastplate item as its a good place to start from and rename to "Adamantine Body". Click on the Eval Scripts set to Pre-Levels/5,000 and replace the current script with the following:
Code:
~ Calls a background HL script that will calc any magic changes
Call iMagArmor
~ We are always proficient with our own bodies.
perform assign[Helper.Proficient]
~ Give DR 2/Adamantine
#applydr[xDamRdAdam,2]
Gizmo - Click the Gizmo button. Change the "Entity Unique ID" to gMagArmor. Now click the Gizmo Tag button and add "Helper" in the Group ID and "NoSelChild" in the Tag ID and Name section. press OK
Click Bootstraps on the Gizmo and and change the Thing to the Unique ID of the armor you created in step 1. Click "Tags..." and add "Helper" as Group ID and "Forward" as tag id.

Containerreq - Click the Containerreq button. Change Phase to "Testing Global Tags", Priority "0", and Tag Expression to "TRUE".

Tags - Click the Tags button and make sure the following are entered. So a Helper.Helper tag means to enter Helper as Group ID and Helper as Tag ID. Make sure you have all the following:
Helper.Helper
Helper.CustomItem
Helper.Shadow
Helper.NoSelect

3rd - R Cust Special Tab
Make a new blank Thing. Call it "Adamantine Body" and give it a unique iD. Change "Available To Race" to be your custom Warforged Race.
Click the Bootstraps button and add the Unique ID of the magic armor you created in Step 2. Click Tags... and add "Helper" for Group ID and "Displace" for Tag ID and Press OK.

4th - Race Tab

Click on your warforged race and make sure you have the following:
"Custom Ability Total" = 1
"Custom Ability Name" = Warforged Armor
"Custom Ability Plural" = Warforged Armors

Repeat above steps 1-3, as step 4 only needs to be done once, for what ever Body Types you want to add.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 13th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Rocketmoose

Old August 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Awesome! Thank you very much!
Rocketmoose is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old September 27th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Edited
tatteredking is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Takeda

Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:26 PM
I don't know if this is a copyright issue but could someone build a complete data set (ie. portfolio) that includes all these bits for the Warforged. Then if it's distributed all we'd have to do is drop it in our folder, load it and test each piece to put it into play. If this is a no-no ... well darn. 8(

I'm slowly learning how to do all this stuff but the learning curve is nearly vertical. Especially the EvelScripts, ... well most of it.

Last edited by Takeda; October 23rd, 2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Missed some stuff.
Takeda is offline   #40 Reply With Quote