Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 14th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullPointer View Post
I think he'd prefer github; I've received a couple of "closed" notifications myself for the bugs I submitted that way

Added bonus is that you'll know when it's fixed without waiting for release
Yep all true as github has a nice bug tracking software that has been helping me not forget.

But I will still have no issues if it shows up here and I will just repost to GitHub. Also some people email and others only PM. Plus a few from paizo even PM on that fourm. So sort of use to getting it from multiple locations.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1051
Sgmendez

Old December 15th, 2014, 06:57 PM
So something that came up today. I have a player that is using the Dread class from Ultimate Psionics and has chosen the Touch of Terror feat. The feat gives a drop down with no options and doesn't modify the Devastating Touch damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch of Terror
Benefit: Your devastating touch ability deals 1d6 points of damage plus your class level and your Charisma modifier.

Normal: Devastating touch deals 1d6 points of damage plus your class level.
Now opening the editor and looking at the feat it appears that it wants you to select a natural weapon to apply the feat to. I am figuring this is just an unfinished feature where the Devastating Touch is considered a natural attack that you choose, but hasn't been implemented to appear as a natural attack within Hero Labs.
Sgmendez is offline   #1052
Croddwyn

Old December 27th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I'm really not sure how seriously to take this and would like some guidance if you have a sec. We're playing Wrath of the Righteous and I'm trying to use portfolios from the community (because they are very helpful). However, in doing so, I'm sometimes getting weird errors about orphans and missing stuff. Here's a copy of the messages when trying to load a Brimorak demon from the second AP Sword of Valor:

Code:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Brimorak #1'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rBrimorak' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '703'
Chained pick 'xImmElec' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'xImmFire' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'xVulCold' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'fComCast' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'fImpInit' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'fWepFoc' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'xTelepathy' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Pick 'raBriBoilB' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '703'
Pick 'raBriBurnH' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '703'
Pick 'raBriFlamW' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '703'
Pick 'raBriSmokB' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '703'
Chained pick 'raDarkVis' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'aaTeleport' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'raBreath' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'wHooves' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Chained pick 'raSummon' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '703'
Since the resulting Brimorak has zero HP and no special abilities and stuff, I'm thinking there's a problem. Ideas?
Croddwyn is offline   #1053
Hirsute

Old December 28th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Can I make a request/suggestion here?

For the ShadowChemosh adjustments package, the "Hero, Ability score increase" adjustment, can it be altered to accept a negative number, so that it can be used to decrease the number of ability score increases available? Is there a reason this would not be wise that I'm just not seeing?
Hirsute is offline   #1054
ShadowChemosh

Old December 28th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsute View Post
Can I make a request/suggestion here?
Yea totally can! I don't 100% promise to do everything asked or do it "soon".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsute View Post
For the ShadowChemosh adjustments package, the "Hero, Ability score increase" adjustment, can it be altered to accept a negative number, so that it can be used to decrease the number of ability score increases available? Is there a reason this would not be wise that I'm just not seeing?
Most likely cause I never thought about anyone wanting to take away the increases so simply didn't code for it. The original requests where always to duplicate 4e design which was to get two ability score increases at level 4, 8, etc...

I will take a look at adding this for next release. Well that was really easy so its done and will be in the next release.

Though I so want to make a much better version of this adjustment. Just not happening anytime soon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1055
Zan Thrax

Old December 28th, 2014, 07:56 PM
SC, is there any adjustment that I can use to give a character a subtype?
Zan Thrax is offline   #1056
rwglaub

Old December 30th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I am hoping that the Emerald Spire will be finished soon.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #1057
ShadowChemosh

Old December 30th, 2014, 11:50 AM
So ouch somehow I missed a bunch of posts in this thread. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
I'm really not sure how seriously to take this and would like some guidance if you have a sec. We're playing Wrath of the Righteous and I'm trying to use portfolios from the community (because they are very helpful). However, in doing so, I'm sometimes getting weird errors about orphans and missing stuff. Here's a copy of the messages when trying to load a Brimorak demon from the second AP Sword of Valor:
I wish their was an easy way to tell what packages are required or not. So what HL is trying to tell you is that you are missing the book "Book of Damned 2: Lords of Chaos". The Brimorak was officially stated up in that by LW so the community didn't re-create it. So you need HL Package "Pathfinder RPG Campaign Setting #5".

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1058
ShadowChemosh

Old December 30th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Thrax View Post
SC, is there any adjustment that I can use to give a character a subtype?
Not current no as each and every subtype would have to be bootstrapped to the adjustment. I will add to the to-do list to see if I can find an easy way to handle this as each monster book keeps adding new types.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1059
ShadowChemosh

Old December 30th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwglaub View Post
I am hoping that the Emerald Spire will be finished soon.
This may get delayed as I layout the new packages actually. I need to put many of the packages into a freeze like state because of all the changes.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1060
Closed Thread