Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Viking2054

Old June 10th, 2015, 08:37 PM
I don't think we mind discussions on how to share our own personal creations with others. However the subject of sharing other peoples intellectual property without their permission is touchy, especially on any website for a company that may be trying to obtain licenses from those IP holders. Lucasarts and now Disney are rather miserly when it comes to their IP and lobby to protect that IP, maybe beyond reason. Take any of this topic to some other forum like EN World or Reddit and you probably won't face these concerns. But I want continued access to this software I've purchased and I hope to be able to buy good content off of the content market once it is up and running. I doubt it will include any Star Wars material, but one can hope.

If you want to talk about best practices for how to enter EotE information into RW for your own use and the use of your players you invite into your game and into your RW creation, then go right ahead. You have every legal right to backup your legally purchased content, including into RW. But you don't have the right to distribute it to others that haven't purchased the material. I believe a gaming group would probably fall into fair use, as long as the gaming group isn't too huge. After all, most gaming groups pass around their gaming books to help out the poorer members in their group.

I don't want to see you or anyone banned from using RW to its full potential. I just want you to use it to its full potential legally. Using it within the legal limits protects you, me, LWD and all its customers.

You should also remember that Realm Works is still very much a work in progress. Some things will come with further development. The content market and the web interface are the two being worked on at the moment. The web interface should allow your players to view some of your cloud content for free... although my understanding is that an owner of the player edition or GM edition will get a lot more out of the experience even when logging in through the web then the guys that go the free route.
Viking2054 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote