Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
HL is tactical while RW is strategic.

I use HL for the actual game sessions while I envision using RW for planning, scheming and information dissemination. As such, HL is the more logical location for traps and hazards. It needs to get imported into RW just like NPC sheets.
RW is intended for use during play. You can easily place pins on maps to indicate the locations of traps and hazards. And you can easily annotate those pins with the details of the trap/hazards. Since a critical component of traps/hazards is their position on the map, it makes significantly more sense in my mind to have that information in RW - tied to the map. And since the details of traps/hazards are generally static in nature (i.e. nothing is "constructed"), the utility of HL is minimal, which simply reinforces their handling within RW over HL from my perspective.

This is definitely something that will get played with and shaken out by the RW Beta team over the upcoming months. It's quite possible that I'm wrong on this. Once we get feedback from the RW Beta team, we can decide how best to proceed with handling this stuff in RW or HL.
rob is offline   #11