Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Angela2013

Old May 20th, 2015, 04:57 AM
How do you add a set of encounters for an adventure to the encounter library?

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old May 20th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Using the export tool one of the options in the menu is "Create Encounter Library"
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old May 21st, 2015, 02:39 AM
I saw HLExport under the tools menu. I did not see an option to Create Encounter Library.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 21st, 2015, 04:19 AM
HLExport is a different thing. Open it, and then create encounter library will be an option as part of that.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 21st, 2015, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela2013 View Post
I saw HLExport under the tools menu. I did not see an option to Create Encounter Library.
Open the HLExport tool. Then from HLEXport go to "File->Create Encounter Library".

After you make the .hl file you can double click on it to have it install itself into HL.

Just a note these are also stored in your "Documents\Hero Lab\encounters\pathfinder" folder. So you could also drop it into this folder if you wish.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 18th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Got a simple question. I want to export all my portfolios to the Encounter Library. Unfortunately, this is not very user friendly, so I have no idea why it is telling me I need a third party ID, much less why or what purpose it serves. I just made something up, but what exactly it the purpose of that ID? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, even with the third party ID, which is apparently the name you give the HL export (maybe?), nothing works. I exported all my portfolios without a single thing appearing in the encounter library. Still says there is nothing to load. I tried the Encounter Builder, just got the default stuff. So what am I missing here? Thanks!

Last edited by Kendall-DM; July 18th, 2015 at 09:38 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 18th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Didn't realize what forum I was in. Trying to do this for d20 stuff. Not supported? Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 18th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Got a simple question. I want to export all my portfolios to the Encounter Library. Unfortunately, this is not very user friendly, so I have no idea why it is telling me I need a third party ID, much less why or what purpose it serves. I just made something up, but what exactly it the purpose of that ID? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, even with the third party ID, which is apparently the name you give the HL export (maybe?), nothing works. I exported all my portfolios without a single thing appearing in the encounter library. Still says there is nothing to load. I tried the Encounter Builder, just got the default stuff. So what am I missing here? Thanks!
As far as I am aware this is a HL thing not a Game System Thing Kendall so it should work for d20 also.

The big question is where did you put the file AFTER making it and which "folder" did you tell it? You should have told it d20 and placed it in "Documents\Hero Lab\encounters\d20" folder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 18th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Unfortunately, this is not very user friendly, so I have no idea why it is telling me I need a third party ID, much less why or what purpose it serves.
Like all "Packages" HL is trying to have you make a Unique ID so that it can Identify it during a download. So the ID is used to link to the update servers and the packages installed. This way HL can tell gamers when a specific package they have installed gets updated to a new version. In addition the HL Help Files go over this information.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 18th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Ok, so this isn't working for me then. Whenever I click on Encounter Library, I get 'Sorry! This game system doesn't have any encounters available to import.' message. The .hl file was generated in the export directory, and I both double-clicked it to install into the encounters/Daelund folder (have a cloned d20 folder) as well as just dropping it into that folder. Getting no love for whatever I do. Still getting nothing out of the Encounter Builder or Encounter Library. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, I named it d20 and it worked. That's kind of annoying that you can't have the encounters named the same as the cloned folder, but they must say d20. Oh well, at least it is working now. Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote