Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BloodAngel099

Old May 16th, 2016, 12:51 AM
I am trying to build a half orc who has shared lineage with orc and gnomes instead of orcs and humans. I made a copy of the half-orc in the editor and switched the creature subtype from human to gnome, however hero lab wont recognize my creation as a gnome, just as a human and orc. I also for some reason lost the ability to choose Alternate Racial Traits for the half orc. Does anybody know how to correct this? Thank you.
BloodAngel099 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 16th, 2016, 05:37 AM
Look at the racial specials bootstrapped by the normal Half-orc, and the IsRace/Race tags on the race.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BloodAngel099

Old May 16th, 2016, 08:11 AM
I got Hero Lab to recognize my character as a gnome when I checked one of the gnome boxes under "Counts As Races...". The racial specials that are bootstrapped are the standard racial traits that the half-orc starts with, and they are working just fine. There is no listing of any of the alternate racial abilities in the bootstraps, is this where they are supposed to be? The two race tags are rOrc and rGnome.
BloodAngel099 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BloodAngel099

Old May 18th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Does anybody have any ideas why coping the half orc race in the editor removed the option to pick alternate racial abilities?
BloodAngel099 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2016, 12:48 PM
For the "Racial Traits Allowed" line, did you select the original half orc race?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 18th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngel099 View Post
Does anybody have any ideas why coping the half orc race in the editor removed the option to pick alternate racial abilities?
Because HL uses "Unique IDs" to know what something is not a "name". So when you did a 'new (copy)' you created a WHOLE new Race that HL does NOT know is suppose to be an orc. It has a different Unique ID so it is different.

By doing what Aaron says above you are letting HL know that this 'New' race is actually the same as the Orc race for purposes of ARTs...

Everyone has the same issue for when they copy a say the Barbarian class and it does not list any Rage powers.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
BloodAngel099

Old May 18th, 2016, 09:41 PM
You guys are awesome! Thank you! I thought I had tried that already, I may have checked the wrong box by mistake or something. I didn't realize that's why "new(copy)" of the barbarian was the reason for that. I remember trying to do something with the barbarian awhile back and not being able to get it to work for that reason. Thanks again!
BloodAngel099 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote