Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CapeCodRPGER

Old March 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Ok, I had to put in a character from a game I am running back into Hero Lab onto my new computer since my old computer that was stolen. I had the print out of the character from my old laptop.

The first print out had the right math on CMD: base 10 +5 BAB +4 STR +3 Dex for a 22.

The print out I just did had the CMD as: base 10 +5 BAB +4 STR +3 Dex and says it adds up to 20.

I double checked and everything else is the same/ right on the character.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exitilus

Old March 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Have you checked Encumberance ?
Exitilus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old March 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Well the PC is a dwarf, so that should not matter. Plus I put in all the same gear as it was on old sheet. It has the same numbers showing but it does not add up the same. I wish it told you why, but just leaves you to figure out.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 1st, 2011, 02:20 PM
Being a dwarf will only save you from the speed penalty of encumbrance - not the AC or skill penalties.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old March 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
ok, so why do both sheets show the same excact numbers and one adds them right, while the other is wrong when you add them? Makes no sense when you look at it.

Also I put in the same gear, I double checked, same weight, why would it add up different? Yes I did check armor, weapons, magic, money, ect..

Last edited by CapeCodRPGER; March 1st, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 1st, 2011, 07:56 PM
Their is a option in Configure your Hero to say "No Encumbrance". So from the point of view of the printed sheet everything will look the same except for the actual calculation of values like CMD.

That is one way that the sheets could look the same but have different end values.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:36 AM
I'll double check the gear. But if it turns out to be emcumberence, should'nt the numbers be adjusted on the sheet so it adds up right?

VERY confusing when it shows the same numbers and they show show it adds up to different values on two different sheets. The sheet should have a note or something right there to tell you why, but it does not.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:02 AM
Well turns out its the armor and the dex mod limit. Thing is the armor is the same on both sheets.

Both sheets have the same number in the DEX box for CMD. One adds it up right if you look at the numbers. The other one has it right with the DEX limit.

Why does'nt the sheet put the right DEX mod in the box? Adusted for armor?
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
If you post exactly the race, class, and equipment you have we can see if there is a bug better by testing on our end. But a very common issue is the encumbrance limit often throws things off for people. I cannot answer why it prints the way it does... our group all use laptops during play for live adjustments and do not have printed sheets.
Thazar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Can I send you the HL file so you can see it yourself?
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #10 Reply With Quote