Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Grimscale

Old October 26th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Hell folks
What I would like to suggest is a way to alter the character sheet temporarily after a spell is cast like, form of the dragon, beast form, shapchange, wild shape or reincarnate form that matter.
All of these and more alter the abilities and states of the character.
But there seems to be no easy way to make the alterations.
Adding a feature to alter the states for each applicable spell would be too much.
So would it be possible to add to the adjustment tab, saved sets.
you would save the saved set of alterations as the spell name perhaps.
this would allow us to apply the effects with a single tick, and more easily keep track of the spell effects.

At present you can make the needed alteration in the ajustment section, but there is no way to turn them all on or off together.
Grimscale is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 26th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I think this process would be difficult. With so many spells and so many variables it would be tough to have the effects of all of them represented. BUt i'm sure that it could be done given time. This might be something that the user community can jump on and pull together.

That being said it would be sweet to have this.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2010, 09:06 AM
My long term plan for this is to figure out a way to have the spells select among the races that have been entered into HL - they'd be able to figure out their effects from the race that was selected. Unfortunately, that's going to be a very large project to implement, and it's not something I'll be able to add to my schedule for a while.

In the meantime, I'd recommend using the existing adjustments, and enter the race in question into the Source field - enter the same thing for all the adjustments for a single race - then you can right-click on your adjustments and use the move up/down/top/bottom options to group all the adjustments for a single race next to each other. That way, they're all grouped together and labeled with the same information, so it's easy to find them all and check/un-check all of them at the same time.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Grimscale

Old November 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM
What I had in mind should be simple to do, I hope.
The user makes the ajustments to the character to reflect the spell effec or tranformation. Then save's that set of adjustments under a name.
Then once thats set up. The user only needs to tick the saved set to activate the changes. This should cover all off it. Reincarnate just means the changes stay ticked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
My long term plan for this is to figure out a way to have the spells select among the races that have been entered into HL - they'd be able to figure out their effects from the race that was selected. Unfortunately, that's going to be a very large project to implement, and it's not something I'll be able to add to my schedule for a while.

In the meantime, I'd recommend using the existing adjustments, and enter the race in question into the Source field - enter the same thing for all the adjustments for a single race - then you can right-click on your adjustments and use the move up/down/top/bottom options to group all the adjustments for a single race next to each other. That way, they're all grouped together and labeled with the same information, so it's easy to find them all and check/un-check all of them at the same time.
Grimscale is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old November 18th, 2010, 08:23 AM
The way I have done it is to create a magic item called Beast Shape I (Small), Beast Shape I (Medium), etc for all of the beast shapes, and alternate forms. It applies the size adjustment and ability score adjustments. You have to mouse over the "?" to get the full spell description. A player also needs to have the monster book that has the base creature they are assuming to figure out what "specials" come with the form as well as base damage dice for attacks.

Then the player adds this magic item just like a Mutagen is currently set up for a Alchemist. When they cast the spell or use wild shape they check the little box to make it active.

It works well in our group for the most part and is easier then adding a TON of animal forms and what not. The basics are covered and the final specific form is done old school during play.
Thazar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Grimscale

Old December 9th, 2010, 02:48 PM
That's a good Idea. Works with the current system.
Id rather do it using the adjustment tab and saved sets of adjustments but that would work.

Hmm.. Magic items take up a physical position on the character.
Also wild shape is a bit more dramatic a change and completely replaces allot of stats and give abilities.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
The way I have done it is to create a magic item called Beast Shape I (Small), Beast Shape I (Medium), etc for all of the beast shapes, and alternate forms. It applies the size adjustment and ability score adjustments. You have to mouse over the "?" to get the full spell description. A player also needs to have the monster book that has the base creature they are assuming to figure out what "specials" come with the form as well as base damage dice for attacks.

Then the player adds this magic item just like a Mutagen is currently set up for a Alchemist. When they cast the spell or use wild shape they check the little box to make it active.

It works well in our group for the most part and is easier then adding a TON of animal forms and what not. The basics are covered and the final specific form is done old school during play.
Grimscale is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 9th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimscale View Post
That's a good Idea. Works with the current system.
Id rather do it using the adjustment tab and saved sets of adjustments but that would work.

Hmm.. Magic items take up a physical position on the character.
Also wild shape is a bit more dramatic a change and completely replaces allot of stats and give abilities.

Thanks
May want to check out THIS thread where the spells and stuff are officially being added. Mathias has said that the polymorph abilities will be coming also or at least an easier way for them to be scripted.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote