View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 24th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
5. The Ability to add Traits, Feats, Spells, similar stuff by name only. – I love that I can just add a new item that is blank and just add the cost and weight afterwards provide us the ability to do the same with all the other things we add to the character. I would like this so I can have the ability listed on the character sheet and adjust afterwards or by the Adjust Tab until you have added it in the database later on when you start adding more Paizo books. As an example I wanted to add a Trait that is not in your database yet, but to do so I had to use your editor which As I stated above I hate, it would have been much easier to just had it in name only, and adjust what I needed to adjust in the adjust tab.
I am not sure I understand why you can't do this? Using your trait as an example you can just do a New(Blank) Thing and input the Name, the Desc Text, and give it a unique ID. Then with mouse clicks choose the type of trait and now even select a specific god or race. No scripting required. Then do a Test(Now!) and the trait can be added to your character.

Then like you said just go to the adjust tab and do the adjust yourself.

A little more work would be to copy a trait(many are VERY alike) and take its script to do the adjustment for you so you don't forget after adding it to a character.

So one can just enter a Thing (used with a capital I am referencing things inside the Editor in a very Generic term) with text and a Unique ID and be done. For weapons or armor about 99% of everything you need to do to these Things is just a mouse click.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2