View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
Please note that in an upcoming release I am thinking to stop including the .stock files in the Community Bestiary actually. One the space requirement keeps growing meaning it takes more space for me to store on the servers, more download bandwidth, and longer wait time to update the Community Bestiary. Two it means I have TWO sets of monster files I have to maintain and support. Not including double the work for the Editors.

On top of all that I am not sure how helpful the .stock files are. The feedback I get is that the .zip files that are sorted by Chapters, events, and encounters is easier for a GM to use than trying to open and find a monster buried in one of the .stock files.

Another issue is I am seeing GMs/players loading the CB on the iPad and the iPad can't deal with the .stock files. So now its just a HUGE amount of space being stored and downloaded on the iPad that gives NO benefit at all.

So for all the above reasons I am thinking of removing the .stock files and going with just zip files on d20pfsrd. This way it provides a single location to get the monster/.por files instead of two and you download only what you need/want.

So obviously I am wanting feedback good bad or Shadow your Crazy!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #398