View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 19th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Why I can make the change to wMain very easily the issue comes in that the change must be tested. Will it break anything else and will d20 toss any component errors when it finds "randomly" made wMain tags. Which takes time to do because if any "errors" happen because of these Dynamic tags it will be expected that it gets fixed. That is all time that I could be using to fix or add still missing features of d20 D&D. To support support something that d20 is not really configured at this time to support. I am not sure Sendric and many others would agree with me doing that actually. I know many still want to see "Gods" in d20.

As a volunteer my time is very limited and I have to weigh changes and fixes against how many will benefit. I know that sucks right now but its where we are at. I will add this to the "to-do" list along with the ability to maybe support d20 modern and stuff. Its just going to be down the road a little.

If you want to be able to take total control of the value displayed I recommend looking at wFixDamage field. That is text field that whatever you put in it will get displayed for damage. But it does mean you will also have logic to add in other values like Str and Magic bonuses. But you can then display "any" value you fill like.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote