View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here - how does it look like HL is expecting you spend all your starting cash? You should be able to leave as much as you like unspent (as long as you don't mind carrying around the weight of thousands of gp ).
Sorry you sort of had to read through my posts as one long post.

What I was saying is that after I purchased gear I had 391gp left. To get the Starting Cash UI to go away on the Classes tab I had to use the journal to zero out all my cash by doing a -391gp. From what your saying any gp spent on the journal tab will do this. That I guess makes sense as you assume someone during an adventure will "earn" gp on the journal tab.

The issue with the above assumption is that my group does not divide treasure until the end of a chapter. This means they can gain several levels but no gp. The money is kept in a party kitty that pays for everything until the group has enough to evenly divide treasure.

But I do think a "Finished" button will make allot of this more intuitive for games to work with. Also now that I know this Starting Cash UI goes away my initial comment about it being too much is resolved.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote