View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 1st, 2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
I have never tried that, or even known it was possible. how do you do it as a mechanic?
On the General tab in the Editor is a "Mechanic" tab. Basically what that means is that a "Mechanic" pick is always attached to the Hero. So you make a new one called "House-Rules" and restart HL. If you look at the Picks on the character you will see the "House-Rules" mechanic now on the hero.

This lets you setup or run "global" scripts for all characters. I have one of these setup for each and Every community Pack actually. In addition I use this as a place to define any "global" dynamic tags as a mechanic always loads and becomes live so those "Tags" then are always around and in a central place.

One step further on this logic is to not make new scripts ON the mechanic itself and instead make a "Simple" Thing to hold the script logic. Then I bootstrap the Simple Thing to the Mechanic Thing and the Simple Thing comes along and will also be "live" on all characters. What makes this so nice is you can then put a Source to the "Simple" thing and only when that "Source" is turned on does your Script execute now.

HERE
is a link to the Simple Thing used in the Campaign Pack to hide all non-Eberron Deities. Its source marked to a option called "Hide Non-Eberron Deities". If you look up further in that link you will see the Campaign Mechanic with different Simple Helper Things attached to it.

Guess that maybe more info than you wanted but hopefully it helps...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote