View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalasan View Post
The latest errors relate to missing Critical Information messages. I understand from the version notes that these will not break the character, but it is annoying to say the least. I can't be bothered editing .xml files each time it requires fixing.
So its hard to put a space in your character's name and then save it? That is all that is required to have HL stop giving you a warning message about sources. No requirement to go in and modify an XML and if you are doing that its your choice to do it the super hard way.

Also this is done 100% free by the community who are like you users of HL. They have no special training by LW. Many of my editors are NOT professional coders and have very busy lives with work, wives, and children. They do this in their spare time with no compensation for their time in anyways. Other than a thanks.

If you don't want to use the addon that is your choice but bad mouthing people that did allot of hard work and then gave that hard work to you for FREE is very bad form. That will cause me to defend them very loudly.

We do our best to make the impact as small as possible to gamers but sometimes we will make mistakes. Also if you need to you can simply go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Addons" to remove the data package if it was causing issues. That would then again allow the other .user files to load.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #121 Reply With Quote