View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 11th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Paizo posted a link to a good & extensive interview with Starfinder's Creative Director, James Sutter:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...interview.aspx
So I read that the day it came out pretty much. It has no "exact" details on the rule changes. It mentions some "ideas and thoughts" but no hard details.

As I told Colen I understand from a software point of view of why Starfinder as its own game makes sense. So far from the point of view of the Game it does not. Especially if you add in how little support the game system is going to have for DMs. Few to no monsters means Pathfinder monsters are going to get used. What about Unchained Rules for Action Economy or making Mythic Starfinder characters.

I am not one for wanting to 're-invent' software mechanics just because.

My plan as it does seem Starfinder will be its own game system is to start with putting in logic for converting a Pathfinder monster into a Starfinder character. I have several ways to accomplish this goal but don't know the best one until I see the Starfinder rules.

I also plan to input equipment and feats into Pathfinder from Starfinder. Allowing a NPC to be changed over to Starfinder pretty easily. This is going to be important for all those DM's out there to make use of the NPC Codex and all those .stock files in Pathfinder.

Classes for now is last in my list as I am thinking you need the new classes you need ALL New and can just build the NPC in Starfinder.

But this is all theory as no one has still seen the rules that are still in flux and being created.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26 Reply With Quote