View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 4th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidgamera View Post
Then why does the Ghost's Corrupting Touch include the DC based on the Hit Dice of the Bard levels?
Yea templates get even more interesting. See Ghost Template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Template
Special Attacks: A ghost retains all the special attacks of the base creature, but any relying on physical contact do not function. In addition, a ghost gains one ghost special attack from the list below for every 3 points of CR (minimum 1—the first ability chosen must always be corrupting touch). The save DC against a ghost's special attack is equal to 10 + 1/2 ghost's HD + ghost's Charisma modifier unless otherwise noted. Additional ghost abilities beyond these can be designed at the GM's discretion.
If I follow everything correctly when a template says "Ghost HD" that includes both Racial and Non-Racial Hit Dice. So in that case it should include both.

Yep here is a fix note from HL release notes that says "Ghost abilities from Classic Horrors Revisited were calculating their DCs from racial Hit Dice not total Hit Dice."

So a standard Racial Special should NOT calc from non-racial Hit Dice. But Ghost template abilities should.

If you want a Racial Special to calculate its DC based on ALL Hit Dice (Racial and non-Racial) the fix is to add a "Tag" using the Blue Button "Tags". Left mouse press "Click to add another tag".

Then enter the following:
Group ID: Helper
Tag ID: DCUseTotHD

Save and Test Now!.

P.S. - My bad mentioning the adjustment at first as I didn't catch you where making a new Undead creature in the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 4th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote