View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 12th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Before BJ is back from vacation and Rob is not allowed to talk anymore I have a opposite opinion to say. Normally I 100% defend LW but I have to say I have a frustration myself as it relates to both HLO and HLC.

In the last year+ LW has gone to CIA level of secrecy with what it is doing. I recently stumbled across huge and exciting new features in HL for its scripting capabilities. While this is great news its not good that I had to find it by chance.

Granted this is not news worthy to everyone. Except it would be to many of the dedicated Community Editors. It also helps to show that LW had NOT given up on making improvements to HLC and HLO at the same time. That is important for letting people know that LW had not given up.

In the last few months I have gotten PMs and emails asking if LW was going under. From the outside world it looked, because of the silence and key people leaving, that LW could be going away. I had to point to the new features added in stealth updates and features as proof it was not. But honestly why should we as customers have to "dig" around "hoping" to find such info?

Where are the developer blogs or posts talking about the features LW is adding? Paizo has posts introducing new employees and even interns. This would help with the new employees that LW hired to show again that they are not going away but changing. But all the forums had been told was that people like Colen and Ion had left. I recently learned a guy named Gabriel works for LW. Who is he? What does he do? Shrug no clue...

What about all these "taking servers down" posts about? Why do they not contain at least a tidbit of information about WHY it is happening. What features are being added in all these "servers maintenance posts"? IMHO this would at least let people see progress or changes if we knew "something" was being changed or added.

This is just my personal opinion of course and maybe other's don't care about knowing about improvements or employees. I can only point to the fact that years ago I didn't get emails/PMs asking if LW was going under. To me that should be a concern...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 12th, 2018 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Putting back as it referenced....
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote