View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I don't know what specific problems I might have. Honestly, I was speaking in the generic terms of what issues I have with my files every update. For me there is usually something that happens. Weather or not that is something caused by my work or the community or Hero Labs. I am just be careful.
LOL in that case maybe worry about an airplane falling on your head.

Issues ARE GOING TO HAPPEN. This is not a question its a fact of life of doing HL addons. LW will release a future update that will BREAK your addons and files. Get use to that idea right now. All you can do is fix the issue and release a new version yourself. Life goes on...

I know of at least one major change by LW coming to Selection Helpers that will cause numerous problems. It already did for 5e but that is a very small addon still so the impact was very small.

I would be more worried about the fact that you have "hundreds" of gamers right now that are unable to get HL to load correctly because of FR & DS. And unless they search the boards and find my post their only option is to delete the addon. THIS thread just a few days ago shows its still impacting gamers. Sorry not trying to be mean about this but addons that don't load affects the view of all HL addons not just the single one. This is because the end-user has no way of understanding which addon caused the issue. If you can get a fix out for those right away I know I would appreciate it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 27th, 2016 at 08:57 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote