View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 5th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Yes. The only content that is permanently compiled is the official content released by LWD.
Just as FYI this is not really correct. Even the content that LWD does is compiled each time on load. The only difference is that the official stuff for "most" game systems is encrypted actually so it can't be easily seen.

Quote:
This is why one of the earlier comments suggested you make your changes with Hero Lab closed, but you don't even have to do that.
Yeah I just say that to make sure the person "restarts". But you are correct you can change the XML all day with HL running and it won't care until you do a restart.

Quote:
When I make changes, I go to the File menu and select "Switch game system", then just reload the same game to see the changes I've made.
Doing "CTRL-R" is faster than switching games as then HL has to tear down the UI and rebuild it from scratch. Note this will also work 90% of the time even when doing Authoring kit stuff.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote