Thread: Target tag
View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
The problem isn't the targeting, at least from my perspective as a coder. The problem is how does it benefit the user to have such a tag in the first place. Works great with Weapons and Skills because they have a common field that can be used as a modifier across the board. Not so much with Spell School, the target is added but it modifies nothing as far as I know. In PF I'm sure their is a DC field for each spell that is calculated and then the Spell School target has something to modified based on the matching Spell School of the spell. But D20 doesn't have that. Now, unless a DC field is added to the Specials, with all the attendant ways that a DC can be modified by type (to avoid stacking), I probably wouldn't use the tag unless it had some tangible effect in HL. I don't use the Spell School one for just that reason. Just my two brain cells worth of thought on this matter.
You are correct that DC is missing from "many" Things in d20. But "one" step at a time and in this case it won't hurt anything to add the Target.? tags now. But yeah DC is another HUGE lacking area including spells and spell schools....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote